Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar CaptureShop Opinion?  (Read 9755 times)

Mort54

• http://
Sinar CaptureShop Opinion?
« on: February 13, 2007, 10:54:00 am »

Hi All. Could those of you who use Sinar's CaptureShop comment a bit on how you like (or don't like) it? Is it stable? Most importantly, does it run on Intel Macs?

I assume CaptureShop is Sinar's RAW converter. Are there any other converters that work with Sinar's RAW format?

Thanks,
Hans.
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:18:54 am »

This issue is somewhat moot, as Capture Shop is about to be replaced by a new piece of  software called Exposure.

Yes, it runs on Intel Macs.

Yes, it is the official RAW converter but there are others, mainly for the Mac platform.

I haven't used it long enough yet to comment on stability.

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 11:21:39 am »

Hi All. Could those of you who use Sinar's CaptureShop comment a bit on how you like (or don't like) it? Is it stable? Most importantly, does it run on Intel Macs?

I assume CaptureShop is Sinar's RAW converter. Are there any other converters that work with Sinar's RAW format?

Thanks,
Hans.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100649\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Captureshop is a decent program - easy enough to use with some quite advanced features and some glaring basic ommissions. A Sinar eMotion file can be run through Brumbaur's DNG converter, and then opened in Lightroom, ACR, etc.

That being said - it won't matter, because when their new software ships (Exposure 6.0, due in May-ish), you'll forget all about Captureshop like it was a bad dream.

Steve Hendrix
PPR Digital
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 06:10:08 pm »

Captureshop is a decent program - easy enough to use with some quite advanced features and some glaring basic ommissions. A Sinar eMotion file can be run through Brumbaur's DNG converter, and then opened in Lightroom, ACR, etc.

That being said - it won't matter, because when their new software ships (Exposure 6.0, due in May-ish), you'll forget all about Captureshop like it was a bad dream.

Steve Hendrix
PPR Digital
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100654\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Hans,

if you wish to get the latest CS version, you can contact me and let me know if and where I can upload it (about 16 MB's). Or then you can also get if from a dealer near to you.

Best regards,
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Mort54

• http://
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 06:14:31 pm »

Dear Hans,

if you wish to get the latest CS version, you can contact me and let me know if and where I can upload it (about 16 MB's). Or then you can also get if from a dealer near to you.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100723\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Thierry. In a few weeks, the local Sinar dealer is going to try to get me a back and system to play with for a couple of days. At that point, I'll ask him for a copy. If he doesn't have it, I'll send you a PM and we can arrange something.

Thanks again,
Hans.
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

Jeff Weir

• www.jeffweir.com
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 10:32:20 am »

I've been using Captureshop for the past 3 years and have found it to be a very solid program.  I shoot tabletop so I can not comment about the speed.  But, like any other piece of software, once you get used to the layout/workflow, you can do just about anything needed very easily.

Regarding stablility, CS is just about as solid as they come.

Jeff

www.jeffweir.com

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 01:59:03 pm »

Where can I get more info on Exposure 6.0?

Steve Hendrix
PPR Digital
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100654\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up