Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P30/H1 Camera Communication Error  (Read 1631 times)

erikhillard

P30/H1 Camera Communication Error
« on: February 12, 2007, 12:14:40 am »

Recently I have been having a strange problem with the P30/H1 combination I have been renting. The problem does not seem to be related to one thing we can nail down.

The camera will lock up (mirror does not come down) and the display reads "Camera Communication Error". This can normally be reset by removing the camera battery or the back from the camera. The mirror will then come back down. Sometimes the camera will not power back up or respond to its buttons until the back is removed and reinstalled.

I have had the problem disappear for the day after switching from rechargeable battery grip to expendable battery grip. Have also had it seem to disappear by switching cables. The rental place always supplies 30 ft Phase cables which I am beginning to suspect their integrity. But switching cables does not always make the problem go away. I have used short hard drive cables and had the problem show up in testing as well. Sometimes it will disappear for good and sometimes you can't get off more than a few shots before it locks up again and displays the same message.

I never have encountered this problem with a Leaf back or any other Phase back. At this point I am stumped and am open to suggestions. I believe this has happened with more than one back. But I am going to start writing down the serial number of the rental backs when I have problems with it.

This appears with both G5 Quad and MBP. Both running OSX 10.4.8 and C1Pro 3.7.6

Erik Hillard  Running Pixels [url=http:
Pages: [1]   Go Up