Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning cd's  (Read 3521 times)

rogerjporter

Burning cd's
« on: February 11, 2007, 12:04:47 pm »

hi there, i am trying to burn cd backups of a wedding, and when i export the photos (I have about 500 in the shoot) they get downsized to smaller files.  I am starting from around 4 megabite files (from a canon 30d), i have edited them and when i export them they have all been saved as files under 2 megabites a piece.  I am have been using lightroom since the beta 3, but this is the first wedding i have used it for, and first time i have tried to export to cd's, and I am stumped...  am i missing something obvious?  I have my hard drive backup, but I like to archive on cd also.  
thanks,
roger

jani

• Øyet
Burning cd's
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 03:51:18 pm »

In export mode, you've got several options depending on your output format, but one of them is image dimensions, an

Check your selections carefully when exporting:

[attachment=1816:attachment]
Jan

rogerjporter

Burning cd's
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 05:56:08 pm »

argh!  thank you, i new there was something obvious i was missing!  i can't wait for the instruction manual, i am sure i am only using 10% of the program.
thanks again,
roger

JayS

Burning cd's
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 06:04:13 pm »

In export mode, you've got several options depending on your output format, but one of them is image dimensions, an

Check your selections carefully when exporting:

[attachment=1816:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100357\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is there anything resembling the simplicity of downsizing by a percentage which is a pretty standard option on most export functions?  With width and height and exporting a group of images, how does one handle Portrait and Landscape?  Sorry for a newbie question, but have just started down the learning path and have been struggling with this one.

Thanks.

Jay S.

jani

• Øyet
Burning cd's
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 01:12:43 pm »

Is there anything resembling the simplicity of downsizing by a percentage which is a pretty standard option on most export functions?
Not in Lightroom, no.

There are many features that you won't find in Lightroom, and that you'll have to use a image manipulation program for.

With width and height and exporting a group of images, how does one handle Portrait and Landscape?  Sorry for a newbie question, but have just started down the learning path and have been struggling with this one.
Sorry for the sarcasm, but:

Most newbie questions like that one are best answered by the newbie actually bothering to look at the example and read the text, not just glance at it and ignore it.
Jan

JayS

Burning cd's
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 04:51:26 pm »

Not in Lightroom, no.

There are many features that you won't find in Lightroom, and that you'll have to use a image manipulation program for.
Sorry for the sarcasm, but:

Most newbie questions like that one are best answered by the newbie actually bothering to look at the example and read the text, not just glance at it and ignore it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109156\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree most newbie questions are, but searched help, searched this forum, searched google, all with an Upsampling and/or Downsampling, Upsizing and/or Downsizing  with Lightroom.  Not finding an answer in any of those resources I asked the question here.  So that I am more accustomed.  Which example and text are you pointing to on this topic in Lightroom?  Here is the help:

Constrain Maximum Size  Sets a maximum size for the width or height of your photos, which determines how many pixels the photos have and specifies the fineness of detail in the exported images. Select the option and then specify the size in inches, centimeters, or pixels.

Nothing there addressed my concern about aspect ratios being maintained, and perhaps by this newbie pointing it out, a function like a percentage might get added.

Jay S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up