Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing dampers on 4000?  (Read 5963 times)

wpp

Replacing dampers on 4000?
« on: February 10, 2007, 09:04:18 am »

I have the service, and repair manuals for the Epson 4000. The repair manual states that you need to do special physical alignments after replacing the dampers but in order to do that you need the Adjustment Wizard 2 program. This is only available from Epson and only to Epson Certified Technicians.
Does replacing the dampers always require the 2 Print Head Slant Adjustments, hence the Adjustment program? If so, where can one get the program? Is there another way to print these adjustment patterns?
I have no Epson Service nearby.

Thanks
Peter

MADCAT

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 07:11:28 pm »

Hi Peter,

I wondered exactly the same thing after reading the service Manual for the 4000 but I have been unable to find a copy of the adjustment program.

My 4000 is currently at the local service agent being "looked at" after the magenta stopped printing. I have spoken with Epson and the service agent and they seem very reluctant to remove the head to get to the dampers unless they are going to replace the head, even then they would rather not do it and it would not be cost effective anyway.

Apparently, for any repairs under warranty the entire carriage assempbly is sent back to the factory and replaced with a new one already aligned. In fact the service agent himself has never done the re-alignment process before  

What is the problem you are having with your 4000?
[span style='color:black'][span style='f

wpp

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 07:50:00 pm »

Dave,

Every few days, whether I print or not, my 4000 goes through a major cleaning cycle. After that at least one of my colours disappears. It usually takes a couple of minor cleaning cycles to get it back, sometimes more than others.
From my research it seems that bad sealing between the dampers and the head, especially on early model 4000s lead to this. Newer damper design is supposed to fix the problem.
I am just trying to get it last until a printer comes that I feel comfortable getting as a replacement.

Peter

MADCAT

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 07:28:22 pm »

I only wish that my magenta would come back so easily, I've been through so amny cleaning cycles now and had the pump and cap unit replaced. At one point the maganta came back good as new and then disappeared again, from talking to the service agent I suspect it could the damper that is at fault.

The biggest problem with these printers when they go wrong is how much money it cost to fix them and whether it is worth it
[span style='color:black'][span style='f
Pages: [1]   Go Up