Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Novoflex Balpro TS  (Read 7528 times)

Terence h

• Terence Hogben Photography
Novoflex Balpro TS
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:55:31 am »

Hello all MFDBackers i moved up from my kodak SLR/N recently and now need movements to be able to increase my DOF which was not a problem on 35mm but the with the larger sensor and increased resolution i feel i do need the option to tilt my lens with certain subjects, and of course limit my DOF other times.
My system for my Leaf Aptus 65 is the Hasselblad 500 cm with most of the lenses.
I also have the older Sinar P with the older lenses. ( i think the Sinar 4x5 will not be a practical option with the smaller sensor and focus issues)

I now am looking at the Novoflex Balpro TS but no focal plane shutter means i will have to mount a 4x5 style shutter lens in the front which is fine for deliberate still life style work.

My problem is the www.novoflex.de  website does not mirror
the German language content with the English side, and this means that i cannot work out the ordering codes, for the  camera mount and the lens adaptors required for my 4x5 lenses ie the 135mm Schneider (good with digital) and 210 Rodenstock  (not so good with digital)  
I will be looking @ the Digitars soon.

Any Novoflex Balpro TS user out there or German speaker with the time to help would be great thanks.

Oh and i have worked out that their technical advice is based on the full 5.5cm Hasselblad coverage my requirements are for a sensor 37mm X 44mm.

Thanks
Terence

Terence hogben Photography
Terence Hogben. Durban. South Africa. ht

Terence h

Novoflex Balpro TS
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 05:04:01 am »

I did try get hold of Novoflex directly but have had no reply for 6 days now.

Terence
Webpage

Tomas Johanson

Novoflex Balpro TS
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 06:04:01 am »

I did try get hold of Novoflex directly but have had no reply for 6 days now.

Terence
Webpage
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe you can figure out something at this site.

[a href=\"http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/search_results.asp?usrID=A2F127B9-2264-481F-9899-1821504D057D&orderBy=1&orderDir=ASC&paging=1&start=0&rows=10]http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/search_resul...start=0&rows=10[/url]

My plan was to buy a balpro T/S for my Contax645, but I went for a Contax Autobellows and a homemade adapter for large format lenses.

Terence h

Novoflex Balpro TS
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 06:25:35 am »

Maybe you can figure out something at this site.

http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/search_resul...start=0&rows=10

My plan was to buy a balpro T/S for my Contax645, but I went for a Contax Autobellows and a homemade adapter for large format lenses.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100151\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Tomas thanks for the link.
But i see that they specifically mention the adaptor for the 2000 series focal plane shutter and not the 500 series, i do not see why the 500 cm would not work with the Leaf Aptus, the Aptus cord
would link the 2 together and would fire together.

The Novoflex site does have a pdf in German which pictures a Hasselblad with  a Copal shutter on the front end.

Regards
Terence

Tomas Johanson

Novoflex Balpro TS
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 07:27:50 am »

Hello Tomas thanks for the link.
But i see that they specifically mention the adaptor for the 2000 series focal plane shutter and not the 500 series, i do not see why the 500 cm would not work with the Leaf Aptus, the Aptus cord
would link the 2 together and would fire together.

The Novoflex site does have a pdf in German which pictures a Hasselblad with  a Copal shutter on the front end.

Regards
Terence
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100153\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I´m sure your solution will work.

This adapter should also work for 500-cameras i think:
"Novoflex HAPRO Bellows Camera Adaptor for Hasselblad 2000"

For the lens you need an adapter similar to this but special made for copal shutter:
"Novoflex PROLEI Bellows Lens Adaptor for Leica 39mm"

Pdf, page 52:

"Die Synchronisation mit der Digital-Rückwand erfolgt über den Blitzanschluss, siehe Abbildung 12-1."

"Die erforderlichen Adapter Verschluss - Balpro als auch Objektiv - Verschluss sind auf Anfrage bei der Fa. Novoflex erhältlich."

To trigger the digital back you use a cord between the flash contact and the digital back.

You need an adapter between the shutter - Balpro bellows and you can make an inquirey at  Novoflex to get it.

So in the end you must get in contact with them!

Terence h

Novoflex Balpro TS
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 08:22:26 am »

You need an adapter between the shutter - Balpro bellows and you can make an inquirey at  Novoflex to get it.

So in the end you must get in contact with them!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

Yes Tomas i will , thanks for the extra info.
I will try get hold of them again, i have a some shoots coming up (hopefully ) that require extended
depth of field so i hope i can sort this out soon.

Regards
Terence

yaya

Novoflex Balpro TS
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 02:33:27 pm »

Terence hello, maybe it's worth looking for a 2nd hand H'blad Flexbody? Since you've already got all the 500 lenses.
Also, for the Sinar P (and I know more than 1 photographer using a P/ P2 with old analogue lenses, successfully) you can use a sliding back (several manufacturers) or a direct Graflok adapter - the latter (and KapturGroup sliding backs) can be ordered from Leaf through Singer in SA.

I hope this helps

Yair

[span style=\'font-size:7pt;line-height:100%\']Yair Shahar | Regional Manager | Leaf EMEA |
mob: +44 77 8992 8199 | yair.shahar@kodak.com | www.leaf-photography.com
Leaf, part of Kodak's Graphic Communications Group
[/span]

Terence h

Novoflex Balpro TS
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 03:01:42 am »

Quote from: yaya,Feb 10 2007, 09:33 PM
Terence hello, maybe it's worth looking for a 2nd hand H'blad Flexbody? Since you've already got all the 500 lenses.
Also, for the Sinar P (and I know more than 1 photographer using a P/ P2 with old analogue lenses, successfully) you can use a sliding back (several manufacturers) or a direct Graflok adapter - the latter (and KapturGroup sliding backs) can be ordered from Leaf through Singer in SA.

I hope this helps

Yair

Yair thanks i have  looked at those options and spoken to Singer about prices etc
Maybe i will still go in that direction but the older Sinar is just so cumbersome and will be a real
pain to focus.
The best options of course would be the smaller view cameras but would be a huge expense, and i work in a tough market at present.

Regards
Terence

ctz

Novoflex Balpro TS
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 04:46:25 am »

Hi Terence,
I'm using a P45 on a Sinar P2 with both analog and digital lenses.
I don't find the focus and movements on P2 that harder than in the 4X5 film old days. Don't forget that shooting tethered or with life-preview everything is easier to check in nearly real time.
At least for the studio still life I presume Sinar offers a lot better control than Novoflex.

Just my opinion,
Ciprian
Pages: [1]   Go Up