Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backs for architecture/commercial photography  (Read 123623 times)

Danijela D. Karic

Backs for architecture/commercial photography
« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2007, 03:50:39 pm »

Lets calm down. A lot of the members remember what had happened when some members of the RG MF forum lost temper.
Regards,
Yevgeny
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103066\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Yevgeny,

[span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']I totally agree.[/span]

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 03:52:10 pm by Danijela D. Karic »

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2007, 06:05:06 pm »

Danijela, I must confess that I don't understand some of your recent posts.

However, if you have genuine concerns about Sinar's profitability, please bear in mind that they are basically owned (51% shareholding) by Jenoptik which is a very large and profitable public company, with a market capitalisation of over half a billion dollars, sales of over 2 billion dollars and over 10,000 employees.

You should not have any concerns about Sinar's financial stability.

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #282 on: February 25, 2007, 07:00:54 pm »

Danijela, I must confess that I don't understand some of your recent posts.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103097\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I must admit, it is rather debatable issue. However, considering your recent investment in SINAR DB I can’t expect you to understand, perhaps I would feel the same. We will see when I decide, but I promise you, I will not religiously talk about attributes which ever back I decide to purchase, much less about the product that didn't surf yet. Now, will that make me less genuine to Hasselblad/Phase/Leaf/Sinar I guess that is up to you guys to decide   or not? I hope you find a little humor just before the end of this sentence, otherwise use PM  .

However, if you have genuine concerns about Sinar's profitability, please bear in mind that they are basically owned (51% shareholding) by Jenoptik which is a very large and profitable public company, with a market capitalisation of over half a billion dollars, sales of over 2 billion dollars and over 10,000 employees.
Some of you are shifting and labeling my concerns primarily towards financial stability, and if you read the thread you will find it not to be true at all. This is exactly where counterproductive communication begins, and personally I’m not looking forward to it.

You should not have any concerns about Sinar's financial stability.
Of course not.

Regards
Danijela

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #283 on: February 26, 2007, 01:01:25 am »

D.

I have been using the Arca C1 Cube for a bout 2 years now.  Great asset, makes fast work of setting up and is very flexible. One thing did was remove the quick release lever clamp and replace it with a Really Right Suff screw style clamp.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Michael K,

Was the quick release lever clamp the one that malfunctioned by Really Right Stuff or
was it the original one by Arca Swiss?

The lever clamp is now much more secure. I did this after almost losing my camera and back when the clamp lever failed to positively snap into the locked position.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102967\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

» Replacing it with a Really Right Stuff screw style clamp » Is the RRS screw style clamp something I have to let RRS know and custom order it to fit the Arca C1 Cube, or is the standard RRS screw style clamp going to fit without any alteration.  

Wich one? Link [a href=\"http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/clamps/index.html]http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/clamps/index.html[/url]

One more question: Did you personally install the RRS screw style clamp on C1 Cube, or did you have to send the C1 Cube to RRS for them to install it?

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 01:27:51 pm by Danijela D. Karic »

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
« Reply #284 on: February 26, 2007, 11:14:32 am »

One more question:

Impossible  :>))

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #285 on: February 26, 2007, 01:07:19 pm »

Impossible  :>))
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103245\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I appreciate your honesty, [span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']Very Civil of you[/span]  

For similar contribution, forward your caring efforts using PM,Your effort is highly valued and appreciated, Thank you.

PS: Just for the record, was I asking you?

Regards
Danijela

josayeruk

« Reply #286 on: February 26, 2007, 01:30:14 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103245\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #287 on: February 26, 2007, 01:40:08 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103286\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']You must be proud of your Mentor[/span]  

True Patriot  

For similar contribution, forward your caring efforts using PM,Your effort is highly valued and appreciated, Thank you.

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 01:41:58 pm by Danijela D. Karic »

mkravit

« Reply #288 on: February 26, 2007, 02:51:18 pm »

Hi Michael K,

Was the quick release lever clamp the one that malfunctioned by Really Right Stuff or
was it the original one by Arca Swiss?
» Replacing it with a Really Right Stuff screw style clamp » Is the RRS screw style clamp something I have to let RRS know and custom order it to fit the Arca C1 Cube, or is the standard RRS screw style clamp going to fit without any alteration. 

Wich one? Link http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/clamps/index.html

One more question: Did you personally install the RRS screw style clamp on C1 Cube, or did you have to send the C1 Cube to RRS for them to install it?

Regards
Danijela
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103173\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The clamp that failed was the Arca clamp that came with the C1. Subsequently I had it replaced by Arca, their customer service is excellnt, but I lost confidence in it's ability to securely hold a $30K camera.

There are two RRS clamps available. Metric and Imperial. Arca uses a metric screw so choose the RRS Clamp with the metric screw.

B2 Pro II with Metric 6 flat head screw,
(for all other heads)
Price: $86

Yes, I personally installed the new clamp. Very easy, all you need is a metric socket wrench and desire. ;-)

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 02:54:22 pm by mkravit »

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #289 on: February 26, 2007, 03:23:10 pm »

The clamp that failed was the Arca clamp that came with the C1. Subsequently I had it replaced by Arca, their customer service is excellnt, but I lost confidence in it's ability to securely hold a $30K camera.

There are two RRS clamps available. Metric and Imperial. Arca uses a metric screw so choose the RRS Clamp with the metric screw.

B2 Pro II with Metric 6 flat head screw,
(for all other heads)
Price: $86

Yes, I personally installed the new clamp. Very easy, all you need is a metric socket wrench and desire. ;-)

Hope this helps.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103314\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Michael K.

It does, thanks for the info. I have ordered today Arca C1 Cube, it will be delivered in two weeks, that sounds a little long but I will wait. B2 Pro II with Metric 6 flat head screw is no problem it arrives in two days.

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 03:50:36 pm by Danijela D. Karic »

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #290 on: February 28, 2007, 01:17:24 am »

Danijela:

I will soon post some before and after HC28mm images for you.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101666\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Att: [span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']Steve Hendrix [span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']PPR DIGITAL[/span][/span]

I appreciate that. Would it be possiblle along with HC28mm to test the HC50mm also?

I will also post our website under my name, although our website is currently a wreck, in my opinion. It is being completely re-done, and that process will likely take about a month or two. In the meantime, bear with us.

Thanks,
Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101666\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you. I'm sure it will help others too.

Regards
Danijela

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
« Reply #291 on: February 28, 2007, 01:38:01 am »

I have the arca cube as well and I agree with your concern about the clamp.  It is the most horrible design I have ever seen.  I hate it.  I like your idea of removing and replacing with the RRS screw clamp.  It is a crime that such an expensive product have such a faulty attachment clamp. HOwever, I really like your solution.  I am going to do the same...
Overall though the cube is a great product.

D.

I have been using the Arca C1 Cube for a bout 2 years now.  Great asset, makes fast work of setting up and is very flexible. One thing did was remove the quick release lever clamp and replace it with a Really Right Suff screw style clamp. The lever clamp is now much more secure. I did this after almost losing my camera and back when the clamp lever failed to positively snap into the locked position.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102967\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 01:42:23 am by MarkKay »

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2007, 04:21:47 am »

[span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']Update:[/span]

Arca Swiss: Arca just turn their delivery of two weeks in to 4 weeks, anybody experiencing substantial delays with Arca?

Really right stuff: Excellent Service, they said it will be delivered in two days and it's actually here.

Rodenstock 28HR: I am not sure what to say, I guess I was promised to have one for testing in hope that I will like the 24XL and forget to bother further with 28HR.

So, is there anybody in New York, California/L.A. using 28HR or having one on stock, it would help if it's in ALPA mount, but if not, as long as we can test it, I'm fine.

I would be happy to pay for it, if necessary.

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 08:22:04 am by Danijela D. Karic »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up