Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tripod And Ballhead  (Read 2717 times)

Killer Angel

Tripod And Ballhead
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:15:14 am »

I am thinking of getting the Manfrotto 458B Neotec tripod and 322RC2 ballhead for my Canon 30D camera with a BGE2 battery grip and a Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS lens.I shall be using this tripod and ballhead modtly outdoors.For those of you out there who have had any experiences with the Manfrotto 458B Neotec tripod and 322RC2 ballhead,what do you think of them?Would you highly recommend them?
THANKS.

MONGOOSE

Tripod And Ballhead
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:51:26 am »

I am thinking of getting the Manfrotto 458B Neotec tripod and 322RC2 ballhead for my Canon 30D camera with a BGE2 battery grip and a Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS lens.I shall be using this tripod and ballhead modtly outdoors.For those of you out there who have had any experiences with the Manfrotto 458B Neotec tripod and 322RC2 ballhead,what do you think of them?Would you highly recommend them?
THANKS.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99821\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi There.

I think the 332RC2 Is great, but not to use it as recomended! I use it with the grip in line with the lens - excellent. This way any of the so-called Jerkiness that has been talked about is relegated to horizontal positioning, the vertical movment is as smooth as a babies backside! I think anybody worried about straight horizons has all the time in the world to adjust anyway.

Cheers
MONGOOSE

Jack Varney

• http://
Tripod And Ballhead
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 07:05:46 pm »

I can recommend the 322RC2 outdoors for landscape work which is how I use it (two, actually on different tripods) with a Mamiya 645AFD. Since I don't pan moving objects often I haven't experienced and particular problems hsre.
Jack Varney

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
Tripod And Ballhead
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 07:36:51 am »

THANKS.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99821\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use the Manfrotto 458B Neotec tripod and a Arca Swiss B1--I recommend the B1, the 458B has good and bad points: nothing beats the rapid open and closure; legs are sealed so you don't have to worry when in surf or river; the leg greese will get all over you, your clothes, your dog, etc; the legs will eventually get caked up with dust and dirt and the sliding mechanism will slow; I wish it were more steady, but 97% of the time it's good enough. Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up