Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diesel Fashion show... many shooters with H2D  (Read 2302 times)

phildog33

Diesel Fashion show... many shooters with H2D
« on: February 08, 2007, 01:02:57 am »

Maybe its the Italian photographers that flew out for this show, or a different crowd than the Tent photographers in Bryant Park...

But many shooters tonight at Diesel's fashion show were using the H2D. Not a dozen, but a handful.

I work with Diesel USA and mostly use DSLR for their gigs. Tonight would have been a good opportunity for the H2/P25. It's not even the file size but the color and tone which I think the clients would have been impressed by.

How much is attributed to the better Hassy lenses vs Canon? And how much in the back? Would you say 80% is from the back, and 20% from the better glass?
Random theoretical question, but curious

-p

SeanBK

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 01:29:28 am »

Yes to the glass, Hassey better than Canon. Also at the show with people fighting for the elbow room, one can't move around for the vantage point, so one has to rely on the crops to give you a different look. i.e details of Diesel sneakers, belt, purses.... so the high MP back does allow freedom to crop, but still get the clarity. Only -ve would be M.F.D.B with the mirror slap, they must be shooting with stronger flash like Quantum QFT5d-R. The Hassey's lil pop up won't cut it, unless light is quite bright. What did you observe?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:31:22 am by SeanBK »

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 01:58:23 am »

I my eyes this is overkill.
The files from a D2Xs or a 1DsMkII or 5D ,would be more than adequate for those runway
shots.
Also the add-on  flash with the Canon or Nikon are great.

The h2D would be slow to shoot with,unless they are using a P-30 back.

It looks like those boys were showing of big time with their h2's

But on the other hand,if it works for them,why not?

Cheers,
Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up