Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: aptus 17  (Read 9751 times)

awofinden

aptus 17
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 01:37:59 pm »

I got a p21 and it's really a great back, no flaws at all, totally blows away my old 1ds mark 2, great colour, great software, no moire so far, absolutely no problems at all. It's fairly cheap, fast and it'd be a rare shoot that needed more resolution and the files upsample amazingly well if needed.

mda

aptus 17
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 10:54:39 am »

Hi everyone,
question regarding the Mamiya offer, and dilema.

I have the Canon 5D, and getting tired of the inablity to get the "right" perspective due to the 35mm contraints, without really pulling back and ending up cropping down to less than 1/2 of the frame.
( I shoot beauty and fashion)

So I did a side by side comparison in PS with the chip size, 11x14 crop and lens coverage of the 5D, P20, P21, P25, 6x6film, 6x45film, and 35MM.

I am debating taking that offer for the Mamiya with the P20, but afraid that I'll be in the same boat as I am now, with not getting the "right" perspectives that I need becuse of the crop factor, and the small square lens coverage of that chip.
I almost think (even with the larger chip size) that I would actually be in a worse boat than I am now?

Any thoughts?
thanks,

filip baraka

• http://
aptus 17
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 08:23:54 pm »

I have to say I have had no luck in getting any refurbished backs here in the UK, no dealers seem to be bothered in responding to emails or returning calls.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101337\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

same situation here, no luck with replies

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
aptus 17
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 03:00:11 am »

same situation here, no luck with replies
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=105745\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think it is quite a ridiculous situation since most dealers would benefit most when they sell you an ordinary back and not a refurbished one.

My experiences with dealers are they are not really responsive in the first place, when asking for refurbished equipment I guess they have completely lost interest.

I guess some people have need for a dealer as far as I am concerned I will welcome the day when they have been cut out of the loop. I have never found any use for a dealer so why would I need to pay more for something that is useless to me.

Or at least should there be the possibility of choice which isn't there at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 03:01:48 am by Dustbak »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up