Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question of appropriateness  (Read 5277 times)

thechrisproject

A question of appropriateness
« on: February 06, 2007, 10:55:00 am »

After reading the thread on the wiki question, I'm a little afraid of getting my head bitten off, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

This winter I'm diving into a hole cut in ice into freezing water to raise money for the Special Olympics.  To raise money I've started giving away large prints of my photographs to people who make sizable donations.  Would it be appropriate to post this, along with the relevant links, anywhere in these forums?  There's also a video I made about it that involves me going outside in a bathing suit and getting snowballs thrown at me.  It's pretty funny.

I've been a luminous landscape reader for a while but just recently joined the forum.  Please let me know what you think.

Paul Sumi

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 10:59:46 am »

It could possibly go in the Coffee Corner, but you should really contact the system administrators to ask.

One way to contact them is to hit the "Report" button on your own message.  There will be a box where you can leave a message to ask your question.

Paul
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 11:01:25 am by PaulS »

thechrisproject

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 12:04:02 pm »

It could possibly go in the Coffee Corner, but you should really contact the system administrators to ask.

One way to contact them is to hit the "Report" button on your own message.  There will be a box where you can leave a message to ask your question.

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99458\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From that form:
This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectional content, etc and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons.

There's a link to the moderating team at the bottom of the main forum page.  I'll use that instead.

thechrisproject

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:19:42 pm »

From that form:
There's a link to the moderating team at the bottom of the main forum page.  I'll use that instead.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99476\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I emailed a moderator, but they don't seem to be particularly active.  How would you, the users of the forum, feel about this?

mguertin

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 04:15:30 pm »

the main admins for the site are off on a photo trip currently.  I'd say give it a shot .. it doesn't really fall into the "spam" category and it's nice that you asked about it first.  If users are really objectional about it they will report it and it will get dealt with.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up