Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Card Causing Color Problem?  (Read 2416 times)

Photolandscape

Video Card Causing Color Problem?
« on: February 06, 2007, 10:38:59 am »

I have an HP2335 monitor. Just profiled it with my new Gretag Macbeth Eye-One. I am using an old Powermac G5 1.6GHZ machine with its nVidia graphics card.

After profiling the monitor very carefully, everything on the screen looks fine--except--shadow areas, which lack black, and appear very open and magenta/green/cyan.

When I view a particular image with a nice tonal range on the G5, it exhibits the problems noted above.

Interestingly though, the same image, viewed through the HP2335 hooked up to my 12" Powerbook G4, looks fine.

I suspect the G5 has a bad video card? Any thoughts on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

P.S. If the card is bad, could anyone recommend a replacement card for the G5? I don't do gaming, etc., so color fidelity is the main concern.

francois

Video Card Causing Color Problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 11:11:33 am »

I have an HP2335 monitor. Just profiled it with my new Gretag Macbeth Eye-One. I am using an old Powermac G5 1.6GHZ machine with its nVidia graphics card.

After profiling the monitor very carefully, everything on the screen looks fine--except--shadow areas, which lack black, and appear very open and magenta/green/cyan.

When I view a particular image with a nice tonal range on the G5, it exhibits the problems noted above.

Interestingly though, the same image, viewed through the HP2335 hooked up to my 12" Powerbook G4, looks fine.

I suspect the G5 has a bad video card? Any thoughts on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

P.S. If the card is bad, could anyone recommend a replacement card for the G5? I don't do gaming, etc., so color fidelity is the main concern.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99451\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you're looking for a new card then an ATI 9600 is a low-end video card. Provided that you don't play, the 9600 will be sufficient. But note that applications like Apple's Aperture require a very powerful card to be usable. You should be able to find a cheap 9600 on eBay.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 11:14:10 am by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up