Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf5000: ugly yellow cast on prints  (Read 7620 times)

mcmorrison

ipf5000: ugly yellow cast on prints
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 05:29:10 pm »

Hello,

Under different circumstances, I too am finding a yellow cast issue printing to my iPF5000.

I have an image in CS3, Adobe 1998. I have made custom profiles using EyeOne Match and both the TC9.18 target and a 1728 Bill Atkinson target for HPR 308. I have printed and profiled with the 8-bit driver, all color management off, using Premium Matte Paper media setting, and 16-pass quality.

If I print using "photoshop manages color", relative colorimetric, BPC ON, I get a distinct yellow cast to the print that does NOT show in softproof with the same settings. If I convert the image to the same print profile, also using relative colorimetric and BPC, and then print using "no color management" I get a print that is much closer to the screen image (EyeOne Match, D65, 2.2). This print still has a yellow cast to it, but much less so.

So: this sounds like a CS3 issue with different conversions occuring when I choose "conver to profile" and when I ask CS3 to convert in the printer driver. Still they are both yellow. This results are largely the same whether I use the TC9.18, or the Bill Atkinson 1728 target profiles.

Thoughts?

Many Thanks,

Michael Morrison
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up