Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NYC Fashion Week: Backstage Bryant Park  (Read 2153 times)

phildog33

NYC Fashion Week: Backstage Bryant Park
« on: February 05, 2007, 12:21:04 am »

Was shooting backstage in Bryant Park tonight.

From the mass amounts of Mark IIs and homemade ring flashes (VERY creative stuff here btw.... huge, translucent, toilet seat covers with holes cutout---jk.... but many funny creative light modifiers here)

... I noticed one lonely Contax 645 shooter. Couldnt tell if analog or digital.

But was interesting.

Some ppl tried to get by with the Canon Ring Light but it was weak... The best were the quantum units fired into the styrofoam and little soft boxes...

Was a good show.. Matthew Williamson designer.

I shoot with P25 but used the Mark II.. Calumet was going to loan me a P30 to try it out with the H2 but I opted out

-p
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 12:21:48 am by phildog33 »

John_Black

• http://www.pebbleplace.com
NYC Fashion Week: Backstage Bryant Park
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 04:51:23 pm »

By "Mark II" do you mean a 1Ds2 or 1D2?  I'm guessing you chose the 1Ds2 (or 1D2) for the speed (time between shot to shot).  I ask because I'm considering a P25 on a Mamiya AFD.  I'm in the "information gathering" phase and trying to get a feel for -

1)  how much real-world DR there is with P20, P21 or P25 vs the 1Ds2
2)  how does the resolution compares from a P20 cropped to the same a 1Ds2 image (and up rez'd to a 1Ds2 file size)

Digital Transitions has a Dallas office and I plan to try an AFD-II with a P20 and P25 along with a 1Ds2.  Then I'll go home and edit my heart out!    But I do NOT want to do this too soon, because I'll probably be weak and buy the back based on the "ooooh ahhhhh" factor.  Also with PMA around the corner, it's worth while to wait for a month or so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up