Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X-700 with flash  (Read 3329 times)

alex2074

X-700 with flash
« on: February 04, 2007, 06:18:52 pm »

I have a Minolta X-700 camera with a Minolta Auto 280PX flash.  This flash was made specifically for this camera.  When I mount the flash on the shoe, the camera registers that it is there by flashing the '60' in the viewfinder, as it should.  But when I take a picture, the flash does not go off and the mirror opens and stays open until I press the 'monitor' or 'push test' button, at which point the flash goes off and the mirror returns.  Does anybody have any idea what the heck is going on here?  Ive looked at the metal contacts, they seem to be in good condition.

DavidJ

• http://www.pistyllphoto.org.uk
X-700 with flash
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 03:04:40 am »

I am afraid I have forgotten most of how to use the X700. Do you have the manual for the flash if not it can be found on the web through a Google search I found one at http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/shikishima/manual/280PX.PDF - hope that this is useful. It looks as though a specific lens setting was required for the flash to work.

Reading the manual and memory returns. If you are using the P mode for flash you need to set the lens to minimum aperture at the green mark on an MD lens,

David
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:12:03 am by DavidJ »
David Allen

Zaria_klp

X-700 with flash
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 04:15:42 pm »

hi. i am starter at photography. just got my x-700. and was lucky to get 280px just day later.
my problem is the same - camera says flash is connected and ready ('60' blinks) but after pressing shoot button mirror stays lifted, until i press 'monitor/test' on flash.
sometimes FDC lights up after that, but that doesnt make me beleave flash is working ok..
is my camera broken, or just flash? (if pressing 'monitor/test' makes mirror go down, i think, signal from flash is being received normaly. then its not sent to flash from camera, am i right?)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
X-700 with flash
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 01:57:40 am »

Reading the manual and memory returns. If you are using the P mode for flash you need to set the lens to minimum aperture at the green mark on an MD lens,

Try David's suggestion and if that doesn't work I have 2 X-700's and a 280PX in a box somewhere I can try for you...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Zaria_klp

X-700 with flash
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 07:36:23 am »

doing everything whats writen in manual - doesnt seem to work right. when i touch shooter '60' blinks, and after i release, it should blink at higher rate. but that deosnt happen, so i guess its camera's problem.

planning to test my flash on other camera, if i find one close.
Pages: [1]   Go Up