Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Borderless printing problem  (Read 2371 times)

timhurst

• Tim Hurst Photography
Borderless printing problem
« on: February 03, 2007, 01:58:55 pm »

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of or noticed a problem with printing up to the trailing edge on Hahn fineart pearl on a 3800. I am getting a really poor quality print on the last inch of paper coming out of the printer. The dither pattern gets really dotty/obvious/smudgy. Epsons manual states that some 3rd party media may show poor quality when printing borderless but it is just the last inch of the Hahn paper that I am having trouble with. Doesn't seem to happen on Epson media although there was a hint of it on some 4x6 cards I was printing using Epson semi matte. Any similar experiences or known issues? It may be to do with the "lack of vacuum and paper curl issue" but I'm a little worried my printers performing a bit below par.

I was looking at printing full page bleeds for my portfolio on Photo rag duo but if I have the same problem this won't be possible.

Cheers

Tim
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:16:25 pm by timhurst »

dmccombs

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 06:13:48 pm »

Tim,

I have done a fair number of borderless test prints with FAP and have seen this problem.  I think I had the platten to "Wide" though pretty early on for this type paper.  You may want to try that to get rid of the "smudgy" stuff.  since the 3800 doesn't have a vacuum many of us go 1 step wider on the platen then usual.

Regards,
Darrell
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 06:16:37 pm by dmccombs »

timhurst

• Tim Hurst Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 05:33:08 am »

Tim,

I have done a fair number of borderless test prints with FAP and have seen this problem.  I think I had the platten to "Wide" though pretty early on for this type paper.  You may want to try that to get rid of the "smudgy" stuff.  since the 3800 doesn't have a vacuum many of us go 1 step wider on the platen then usual.

Regards,
Darrell
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99077\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've been using it on wide also. I was getting head strikes when it was set to auto.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:13:46 pm by timhurst »
Pages: [1]   Go Up