Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Booksmart Fine Art Metals  (Read 6524 times)

bigbrotherbob33

• http://
Booksmart Fine Art Metals
« on: January 31, 2007, 08:57:26 pm »

Has anyone tried Fine Art Metals for inkjet printers yet? It tells of being just like Ilfocrome, or like metallic photographic paper.
I kind of dont believe it and am not sure I want to try it in my Epson 9800. Let me know b/c it is very expensive. I can't find it anywhere else but booksmartstudio website. Thanks

booksmartstudio
Digital Printer
 – Bob J.

picnic

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:22:41 pm »

Has anyone tried Fine Art Metals for inkjet printers yet? It tells of being just like Ilfocrome, or like metallic photographic paper.
I kind of dont believe it and am not sure I want to try it in my Epson 9800. Let me know b/c it is very expensive. I can't find it anywhere else but booksmartstudio website. Thanks

booksmartstudio
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98646\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I got this today from shadesofpaper.com  Looks interesting to me as I was considering doing something similar but using Inkaid.

quote:  BOOKSMART STUDIO FINE ART METAL

Booksmart Studio is pleased to announce their line-up of fine art metal that are coated for inkjet printing with most printers. The line-up of metals includes aluminum-brushed, matte, & satin along with Satin Gold. The thickness of these metals varies from .012 & .016, which allows you to put them directly through your Canon, Epson, or HP printers with a straight pass through. Printing images on these metals give an appearance of being backlite and the image quality mimics that of Ilfochrome with the Aluminum Satin finish.

•A full-line of ICC profiles are available for all Epson printers that the fine art metals will work with. Including: Epson 2200, R1800, R2400, 4000, 4800, 7600/9600, & 7800/9800.

Diane

John Hollenberg

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 10:40:24 pm »

There was one poster to the Canon IPF5000 Wiki who found the Satin Silver Fine Art Metal to be very nice.  You can search there for the post and perhaps contact her.

http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com

--John

bigbrotherbob33

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 10:53:03 pm »

Sounds like a cheaper alternative.  I think I'll get the metal sample pack and post a review, thanks!

I got this today from shadesofpaper.com  Looks interesting to me as I was considering doing something similar but using Inkaid.

quote:  BOOKSMART STUDIO FINE ART METAL

Booksmart Studio is pleased to announce their line-up of fine art metal that are coated for inkjet printing with most printers. The line-up of metals includes aluminum-brushed, matte, & satin along with Satin Gold. The thickness of these metals varies from .012 & .016, which allows you to put them directly through your Canon, Epson, or HP printers with a straight pass through. Printing images on these metals give an appearance of being backlite and the image quality mimics that of Ilfochrome with the Aluminum Satin finish.

•A full-line of ICC profiles are available for all Epson printers that the fine art metals will work with. Including: Epson 2200, R1800, R2400, 4000, 4800, 7600/9600, & 7800/9800.

Diane
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98647\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Digital Printer
 – Bob J.

bigbrotherbob33

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 09:01:13 pm »

Wow, this is the best glossy print I have ever see from an inkjet printer.  My ideal print would be ilfochrome or a metallic print from a Lambda printer.  This comes closer to my ideal than anything else coming off an inkjet printer.  The black and white is especially nice.  It is a great edge for those of us who are competing and selling prints.  Not sure of how archival it is.  I have stopped printing on rc papers for matte and f-type or pearl fine art papers.  Because I don't have easy access to my Lambda, only my 9800.  But this is a keeper, I cant wait to have a show and blow people away.  I was also thinking of makeing a metal book.  Anyone else try this yet.  Is it really this new?  Not many have even heard of this.  Please let me know what y'all think if you get a try.

I got this today from shadesofpaper.com  Looks interesting to me as I was considering doing something similar but using Inkaid.

quote:  BOOKSMART STUDIO FINE ART METAL

Diane
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98647\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Digital Printer
 – Bob J.
Pages: [1]   Go Up