Poll

What is your preference of medium for the LL Lightroom Tutorial?

Download Video
- 34 (63%)
DVD
- 20 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL Lightroom Tutorial  (Read 8405 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LL Lightroom Tutorial
« on: January 30, 2007, 01:11:26 pm »

I would like to see what the potential demand is for a dual-layer DVD release of the L-L Lightroom v.1 tutorial for possible release in May.
The cost would be slightly higher than the download and with the addition of shipping  

Chris S
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 01:14:58 pm by Chrissand »

KeithR

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:46:13 pm »

I would rather have the DVD.

I would like to see what the potential demand is for a dual-layer DVD release of the L-L Lightroom v.1 tutorial for possible release in May.
The cost would be slightly higher than the download and with the addition of shipping   

Chris S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98330\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

francofit

• http://
LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 05:18:37 pm »

Generally speaking (and in this case too) I am for the download version for tutorials(quick, up-to-date and cheaper),
while I much prefer the high quality DVD for the reports, interviews, slide show etc like LL-VJ.

Of course I can understand very well those on dial-up willing to get the tutorials on DVD...
Franco

vgogolak

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:06:14 pm »

I do favor download, BUT

I just ordered, and downloaded....

all the files!!!

Later, I see in another window that I was NOT supposed to download the placeholders.
No big deal, EXCEPT the notice that you are wasting download on placeholders is not to be found on the sequence that goes directly to download from order.

I had assumed it was a bridge as is often used to daisy chain videos (I actually use myself in training.)

As one who just liked the idea, did no reading of the blurbes (kind of trust LL to have interesting stuff), so I did not see the caution (and I went back and verified that the dowload waste notice is not part of the order sequence.)

2 more downloads are more than enough even for fumble fingers, but it would be nice if someone put the notice ON THE SAME PAGE as the downloads!

:-)

Victor

Deacon MacMillan

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:17:58 pm »

I do favor download, BUT

I just ordered, and downloaded....

all the files!!!

Later, I see in another window that I was NOT supposed to download the placeholders.
No big deal, EXCEPT the notice that you are wasting download on placeholders is not to be found on the sequence that goes directly to download from order.

I had assumed it was a bridge as is often used to daisy chain videos (I actually use myself in training.)

As one who just liked the idea, did no reading of the blurbes (kind of trust LL to have interesting stuff), so I did not see the caution (and I went back and verified that the dowload waste notice is not part of the order sequence.)

2 more downloads are more than enough even for fumble fingers, but it would be nice if someone put the notice ON THE SAME PAGE as the downloads!

:-)

Victor
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98408\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

agreed, between a flaky wireless connection, funny firefox settings and sleepy brain I managed to burn my three downloads. guess Im going without the intro.

michael

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 09:23:48 pm »

Just drop a line to customer service.  Steve will reset your download counter.

Michael

Deacon MacMillan

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 06:41:03 am »

wow, I checked my account, and my counter has already been reset. I should have checked earlier thanks for taking care of me.

John Camp

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 11:49:19 am »

I would buy the DVD if it was coming out at the same time; as it is, I'll buy the downloads. Biggest difference for me would be that I could relax and watch the DVD on a big screen, with a Coke, and with the downloads, I'll have to sit here at this @#$% computer and look at it.

JC

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 12:37:34 pm »

I would buy the DVD if it was coming out at the same time; as it is, I'll buy the downloads. Biggest difference for me would be that I could relax and watch the DVD on a big screen, with a Coke, and with the downloads, I'll have to sit here at this @#$% computer and look at it.

JC
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98538\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I burned it to a DVD to do just that. I used ProShow Gold, no problem, works decent.

But, it took about an hour on a richeous machine to produce the 20-minute DVD. That made me vote for DVD - actually, I'd like both, instant gratification of the download and the convenience of a commercial DVD.

Nevertheless, it looks like we beat the delay in border customs in an indirect way.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

maxgruzen

• http://www.pbase.com/mordicai
LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 06:30:35 pm »

I burned it to a DVD to do just that. I used ProShow Gold, no problem, works decent.

But, it took about an hour on a richeous machine to produce the 20-minute DVD. That made me vote for DVD - actually, I'd like both, instant gratification of the download and the convenience of a commercial DVD.

Nevertheless, it looks like we beat the delay in border customs in an indirect way.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98551\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just downloaded the introduction, but I would much prefer to buy this on DVD.

Del

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 08:09:54 pm »

I have purchased the download, though not without incident which I have emailed about separately.  All in all I would prefer the DVD version.
Del

katemann

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 10:30:35 pm »

Downloaded the intro, watched it. Enjoyed the information and the heightened sense of anticipation.

I will burn the segments to a DVD when I have them all. In the meantime I like to see them immediately.

mistybreeze

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 06:19:03 am »

For those of us who are fairly familiar with Lightroom's appearance, the visual quality limitations of the download are tolerable. But given the perfectionist nature of photographers, it seems a DVD version is a no brainer. Had a DVD version been available, especially at a reasonable cost, I would have opted for it over the download without hesitation. I like to view/read all instructions with crystal clear vision and I like to have my visuals occupy more screen space. The Quick Time Player screen is too small for my tastes and enlarging it slightly quickly creates a blurred image: not a good thing when you're capturing screen images off a laptop.

Nonetheless, I'm grateful for the info and I really appreciate the great value. I was shocked that the download was only $12. The information provided and the sexy vocal tones of Mike and Jeff are worth much more even if the screen went black. Can't help but wonder if Martin is angry: $12 for Schewe/Reichmann sure beats $40 for a book that will be obsolete in 6 months. (OK, so I exaggerate. I adore Martin.    )

taninul86

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 08:54:14 am »

Hi, I just downloaded the introduction file, but can not see it, Quick Time only lets me hear the audio, I did an update to QT but no success. Any hints ?

Regards

GreggJ

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 03:45:54 pm »

Hi, I just downloaded the introduction file, but can not see it, Quick Time only lets me hear the audio, I did an update to QT but no success. Any hints ?

Regards
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99266\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had the same problem. My solution was as follows;  It was a setup issue with QT. In Edit > Preference > Quicktime Preferences > Advanced tab  in the Video dialog box I unclicked the Direct X radio button and clicked the Safe Mode (GDI only) and everything worked as it should. I hope this helps.

Gregg Jonsson

genedel

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 09:53:41 am »

I vote for a DVD

taninul86

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 08:48:36 pm »

Thanks, problem solved !

quote=GreggJ,Feb 5 2007, 03:45 PM]
I had the same problem. My solution was as follows;  It was a setup issue with QT. In Edit > Preference > Quicktime Preferences > Advanced tab  in the Video dialog box I unclicked the Direct X radio button and clicked the Safe Mode (GDI only) and everything worked as it should. I hope this helps.

Gregg Jonsson
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99331\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

Dinsmen

LL Lightroom Tutorial
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 09:06:36 am »

Chris,

A lot of people have indicated interest in the DVD, although poll shows only 35%, I was wondering if you have plans to bring the DVD anytime soon.

Rick Dinsmen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up