Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Nikon?  (Read 14117 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
New Nikon?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 08:58:40 pm »

You mean I own one-third of ZD's in use?   
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98782\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same thing here then.

Cheers,
Bernard

John Camp

New Nikon?
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 11:38:54 pm »

Same thing here then.

Cheers,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98798\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think the other one broke, so you both own half.  

JC

Marsupilami

New Nikon?
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 03:35:48 am »

The rumours (I think I read them here...) are that the ZD back will be released in a few weeks in the US at $9,000, so if true, you could assemble a 22mp MF system for a lot less than you'd have to spend right now, and have a MF system to take you forward.   Failing that, the ZD camera I use is very capable  and worth considering. I suspect 22mp in medium format will beat 22mp or more in 35mm format, plus the format shape, being a little squarer, is better for many pro uses.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98782\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hopefully it is like that in America, but my info based on Mamiya representation here in Austria is, that it wont be available till summer. They are also waiting and would like to have it earlier. Seems like a never ending story.

Christian

GregW

• http://
New Nikon?
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 06:25:37 pm »

That's not a guess it's a certainty!!  Nikon may be producing some of the most innovative DSLR's (and lenses) on the market but the age old problem of getting from the marketing material to the distribution channels still persists.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98697\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't understand what you're saying, can you clarify this, please.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On re-reading I think you are right.  I wasn't 100% clear.

Firstly I have no knowledge of Nikon's internal product roadmap.  You may be right about your estimate for a FF Nikon DSLR, but I don't know either way.  

My comment was borne more from the shared frustration of many Nikon users.  

1.  The leadtime between an announcement and product arriving at the dealers is somewhat long when compared to other manufacturers.

2.  The stated availability date often slips

3.  There is not enough product in the distribution channels to meet demand.  The best or worst recent example of this is the 18-200 VR II lens.  Dealers in Switzerland are still quoting 9 months!!

Mort54

• http://
New Nikon?
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007, 02:30:57 pm »

I've recently purchased the Nikon D200 for my initial foray into digital photography and after having used Hasselblad for many years I'm wondering if Nikon has a 20MP camera in the near future.

Before I get too carried away with more Nikon lenses, I have to make a serious decision on what camera system I should be buying to last a few years in my portrait studio. I generally print 20x24  B&W prints and want a system that will carry me through the next few years.
Thanks in advance
Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98321\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Michael. Rumors abound regarding Nikon's future body plans, but so far there is little credible information floating about. Thom Hogan, a well respected Nikon shooter who knows a lot of folks in the industry, has been saying that prototype FF Nikon bodes have been floating around for awhile now, so it seems Nikon is thinking about coming out with such a body. But nobody has a clue as to when. Most guesses (and that's all they are) are that Nikon won't come out with such a body until late this year, or maybe early next year. 22 to 24 MP seems to be the most commonly bandied about number, although that probably represents mostly wishful thinking rather than any particular insight into what will actually happen. If and when they come out with a FF body, the next big issue is whether their glass can deliver the resolution needed to use a 22 to 24 MP sensor effectively. So if they do come out with such a body, I think they'll also need to come out with new, better glass.

By the way, I have both a D200 and D2X, and while they are fabulous cameras (especially in the studio, where you can shoot at lower ISOs), they are not the ideal solution for such large prints. I personally am actively looking for a higher resolution solution for landscapes. I will probably boil my choice down to either whatever Canon comes out with to replace the 1DsII, or a Contax 645 with P30+ back, or a Hy6 with either a Sinar or Leaf back. For the 1DsII replacement to be a viable choice for me, Canon, like Nikon, will need to come out with better glass (especially in the wide end, which is a particularily weak spot in the Canon lens lineup). There are rumors that Canon will be coming out with a new line of lenses, so who knows.
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

blansky

New Nikon?
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007, 04:19:49 pm »

Thanks for all the replies.

It looks like I'll probably go the Hasselblad digital back route and am looking at Phase One P25. I also was looking at a Hasselblad CFV back which is much cheaper.

The information about the differences between medium format sensors and 35mm sensors was very useful as well as the lens issues.

As with all things digital I'll probably just get what will carry me through a couple of years since the technology changes so rapidly.

It's amazing to think that I can put a digital back on a camera that was made 30 years ago. Hasselblad is indeed an amazing camera.

Michael

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
New Nikon?
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2007, 06:58:05 pm »

I also was looking at a Hasselblad CFV back
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99181\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you understand the 'crop factor' of the CVF back

a big restriction on wides and a restriction on the look of the lenses too which you will be using them from the 'wrong place' with a resultant gain in depth of field for a specific angle of view

also if you have to deliver to your clients in a rectangle you may well be back to about 12mp

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

blansky

New Nikon?
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 11:26:53 am »

Do you understand the 'crop factor' of the CVF back

a big restriction on wides and a restriction on the look of the lenses too which you will be using them from the 'wrong place' with a resultant gain in depth of field for a specific angle of view

also if you have to deliver to your clients in a rectangle you may well be back to about 12mp

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=99193\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My end result is 20x24 black and white prints of faces which generally don't have to be as sharp as what most commercial photographers have to produce. Even in traditional methods, I shoot my Hasselblad with a cokin softening filter on most of the time.

That being said I'm researching if that 12MP crop will give me what I need or if I need to go to the 22MP Phase One.

As for the lens, what I use now is a Hasselblad 150 and I would start using to the 100mm.

Any more information or pitfalls is appreciated.

Michael
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:28:03 am by blansky »

Cstrikedish

• http://cstrikedish.blogspot.com
New Nikon?
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 04:21:21 am »

where can I buy the new Nikon at low price?
GO, GO, GO! [url=http://cstrikedish.blog

gcarr

New Nikon?
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 05:14:01 pm »

Thanks.
Michael
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why not check out Nikonean forum? If you want any information on what's coming down you'll find it there. Before you listen to all these medium format gurus talk about their superiority check out this web site. I would like to see their pictures compare to this guy that shoots on a Nikon d70.

[a href=\"http://www.anthonyroach.com/photography/catalog/category_251_Seascapes.html]http://www.anthonyroach.com/photography/ca..._Seascapes.html[/url]
Garyg

heinrichvoelkel

New Nikon?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 05:36:03 pm »

Why not check out Nikonean forum? If you want any information on what's coming down you'll find it there. Before you listen to all these medium format gurus talk about their superiority check out this web site. I would like to see their pictures compare to this guy that shoots on a Nikon d70.

http://www.anthonyroach.com/photography/ca..._Seascapes.html
Garyg

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155059\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This guy shoots on a nikon F70 with velvia. this is slidefilm not digital!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 05:36:33 pm by heinrichvoelkel »

meyerweb

New Nikon?
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 09:06:25 pm »

http://www.anthonyroach.com/photography/ca..._Seascapes.html
Garyg

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155059\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why reply to a thread that's nearly a year old?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up