Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Released today!  (Read 10778 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
Released today!
« on: January 29, 2007, 04:54:05 am »

Hi All

FWIW I found this link over at POTN http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...027&newsLang=en

A Adobe Press release.

HTH
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

sipplepa

Released today!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 06:06:29 am »

Hi All

FWIW I found this link over at POTN http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...027&newsLang=en

A Adobe Press release.

HTH :)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98057\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

According to NAPP's website, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom will ship on February 19th at a 90 day intro price of $199 ($299 thereafter).  Checkout www.photoshopuser.com/lightroom.

DarkPenguin

Released today!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 10:33:42 am »

So how do us RSP users get our free upgrade to LR?

ericaro

Released today!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 10:52:43 am »

Same here. How do rsp users get their free copy? Anyone knows?
                     Louis Bouillon

Dale_Cotton

• http://daystarvisions.com
Released today!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 11:10:53 am »

So how do us RSP users get our free upgrade to LR?
See here: Pixmantec Support Forum.

DarkPenguin

Released today!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 11:20:01 am »

Thanks, Dale.

This works for me.

Hi everyone,

Do not worry, we will honour anyone who is due to get a copy of LR, regardless if we have their correct e-mails or not. The precise details of the mailing are being finalised as we speak. Watch this space!

Feel free to remind me should I forget to follow up on this - I am off on holidays for the next 4 days. Much needed it is too, I've been kept very busy these past few weeks leading up to the LR release.

Cheers,
Davide

--------------------
David Metzger
Technical Support Engineer (Graphics Products)
Adobe Systems Europe Limited
dmetzger@adobe.com

theophilus

Released today!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 01:32:15 pm »

Looks like buying RSP at its intro price is some of the best money I've spent lately.

BrianSmith

• Celebrity Portrait Photographer Brian Smith
Released today!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 09:19:23 pm »

According to NAPP's website, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom will ship on February 19th at a 90 day intro price of $199 ($299 thereafter). Checkout www.photoshopuser.com/lightroom.

The $199 discount price is good for Photoshop owners and Lightroom Beta participants until April 30, 2007.

It's still possible to sign up for Lightroom Beta program until February 28th.

michael

Released today!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 09:26:00 pm »

The $199 price applies to everyone.

Michael

BrianSmith

• Celebrity Portrait Photographer Brian Smith
Released today!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 09:46:32 pm »

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98216\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Michael,

Ooops, I misunderstood their press release which said:

"To thank valued Photoshop customers and Lightroom beta participants, Lightroom 1.0 will be available for immediate pre-orders at a special introductory price of $199. This price will only be offered through April 30. Starting May 1, the full retail price for Lightroom will be $299."

I didn't realize that they were thanking "valued Photoshop customers and Lightroom beta participants" by giving the same discount  to Photoshop non-customers and non-Lightroom beta participants...

Either way, it's great software for the price...

Per Ofverbeck

• http://elgfoto.se
Released today!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 04:34:33 am »

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98216\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sadly enough, it doesn´t.   As usual, Adobe robs its European customers with a far higher price for the very same software (US "English" version, no localizaton).

I haven´t had much patience with people using "cracked" software; I´m slowly beginning to wonder.  If Adobe won´t be fair to us, why should we have to be fair?

Really.....

(I know, I know, there wouldn´t be future, improved versions unless Adobe gets its revenue &c, &c.  But why can´t all users share that burden in a fair and equal way?  It is sheer arrogance to discriminate in this way).
Per Ofverbeck
My

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
Released today!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 04:57:21 am »

Sadly enough, it doesn´t.   As usual, Adobe robs its European customers with a far higher price for the very same software (US "English" version, no localizaton).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98261\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, they charge a higher price for the same product (17% more in Norway). And in addition when I checked the price to download the application (no box) they still charge VAT which should not be paid in Norway when downloading sw from the net in another country. I can only assume that they will keep that money themself...
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

francois

Released today!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 06:18:13 am »

Yes, they charge a higher price for the same product (17% more in Norway). And in addition when I checked the price to download the application (no box) they still charge VAT which should not be paid in Norway when downloading sw from the net in another country. I can only assume that they will keep that money themself...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
As I wrote in another [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13958&view=findpost&p=98267]thread[/url], pricing for Lightroom in Switzerland is fair and not much different than the US price. I guess they miscalculated someting in the exchange rate but I won't complain about it.
Francois

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
Released today!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 06:45:47 am »

As I wrote in another thread, pricing for Lightroom in Switzerland is fair and not much different than the US price. I guess they miscalculated someting in the exchange rate but I won't complain about it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98270\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The 17% miscalculation of the currency I can forgive, but adding another 25% to the price is not ok. The price if they ship me a box with the sw is OK, as 25% VAT must be paid on that in Norway.
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

francois

Released today!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 07:41:24 am »

The 17% miscalculation of the currency I can forgive, but adding another 25% to the price is not ok. The price if they ship me a box with the sw is OK, as 25% VAT must be paid on that in Norway.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98273\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I agree that it's very hard to swallow. Here also, they charge VAT on the downloadable version. At least for now, VAT is only 7.6% in Switzerland.

Time to find a friend in the US!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:42:19 am by francois »
Francois

Per Ofverbeck

Released today!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 10:18:44 am »

...Time to find a friend in the US!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98281\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Friends are always a good thing, certainly.

So why doesn´t Adobe want to be "a friend in the US" for us Europeans?
Per Ofverbeck
My

francois

Released today!
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 11:02:58 am »

...So why doesn´t Adobe want to be "a friend in the US" for us Europeans?
It's not only Adobe, unfortunately! Look at the prices of Epson inks (although it's hardware, but not manufactuerd in the US AFAIK).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 11:04:14 am by francois »
Francois

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
Released today!
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 06:47:55 am »

The Adobe store, at least for Switzerland, is also slow, error-prone and unreliable. I waited 6 week for the privilege of buying a coply of Flash 8 Pro earlier this month, which was the final straw. Buying from a local retailer was (a) 10% cheaper, and (b) next day delivery. I also had an appaling experience when I ordered Photoshop CS2. It took well over a month for me to actually receive it.

Steer clear of the Adobe store.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:49:10 am by drm »
--
David Mantripp

John Camp

Released today!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 11:59:48 am »

I travel in Europe quite a bit, and the fact is, everything there is more expensive, because, apparently, the cost of doing business is a lot more -- in addition to VAT, Adobe also has to pay higher taxes just to operate there. I am always amused to see (French) people lined up at McDonalds in Paris to buy burgers and fries, because it's the cheapest food in town, although even McDonalds is half-again as much as it costs in the US. In theory, you get it back in such things as universal health care and long vacations. My advice, at least for you Germans and Scandinavians, is immigrate to the US. We'd be happy to have you, and there isn't a hell of a lot of difference between northern Germany and Wisconsin. Names, food, people, cows, beer, all the same, and there's no VAT and the cost of buying software is lower.  

JC

Per Ofverbeck

Released today!
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 12:50:10 pm »

Well, this thread is drifting a bit, but just a couple of remarks:

I travel in Europe quite a bit, and the fact is, everything there is more expensive, because, apparently, the cost of doing business is a lot more -- in addition to VAT, Adobe also has to pay higher taxes just to operate there....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98540\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, that would (possibly) be relevant if I went into a local shop and bought the box, but when I am content with downloading it from Adobe´s American site, I don´t see what additional costs Adobe has to cover.

In theory, you get it back in such things as universal health care and long vacations.
Indeed.  That´s a good explanation for our higher taxes, and I´m happy to pay for that.  But I´ve never seen Adobe pay a single cent for those benefits of ours...  

My advice, at least for you Germans and Scandinavians, is immigrate to the US. We'd be happy to have you, and there isn't a hell of a lot of difference between northern Germany and Wisconsin. Names, food, people, cows, beer, all the same, and there's no VAT and the cost of buying software is lower.   

JC

Sure.  Thanks for the invitation; quite a lot of Scandinavians and Europeans did emigrate to the US about a century ago.  I enjoy visiting your side of the water a lot, but I prefer to return to the land of the smorgasbord afterwards.....
Per Ofverbeck
My
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up