Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spooky noise from z3100  (Read 3611 times)

ricgal

Spooky noise from z3100
« on: January 29, 2007, 03:13:00 am »

I am taking advice and leaving it to go to sleep naturally after 30 mins but there is still a constant low hum coming from it day and night-  sounds like a fan or a hard drive- anyone know why?
www.ricbower.com- Art and Fashion Photog

deelight

• http://
Spooky noise from z3100
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 04:57:11 pm »

I am taking advice and leaving it to go to sleep naturally after 30 mins but there is still a constant low hum coming from it day and night-  sounds like a fan or a hard drive- anyone know why?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98049\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Its the fan at the back, close to the ethernet plug.

I already asked the HP support about that but did not get any answere yet (after 2 weeks, guess they are sleeping, at least here in Germany).

Anyone with further information?

Best,

Clem

ricgal

Spooky noise from z3100
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 06:57:23 pm »

Its the fan at the back, close to the ethernet plug.

I already asked the HP support about that but did not get any answere yet (after 2 weeks, guess they are sleeping, at least here in Germany).

Anyone with further information?

Best,

Clem
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98172\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Cheers
Let me know if you find out please
www.ricbower.com- Art and Fashion Photog

adiallo

Spooky noise from z3100
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 09:21:50 pm »

Never even noticed any noise until I read your post. If I lean very close I can hear a fan faintly but if it's something you can hear in a room with other computers on, you may have a tech support issue. Is your room temp fairly high?
amadou diallo
[url=http://blogfiftygreat

ternst

Spooky noise from z3100
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:54:09 pm »

Mine has run 24/7 since I got it a month ago and I've heard others say it is the hard drive. Mine is a cool room (about 68 degrees f) so I don't think it is a heating fan. I assume all of them do this and there is no way to put it to sleep, or is there?

dkeyes

• http://
Spooky noise from z3100
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 01:13:59 am »

Mine has run 24/7 since I got it a month ago and I've heard others say it is the hard drive. Mine is a cool room (about 68 degrees f) so I don't think it is a heating fan. I assume all of them do this and there is no way to put it to sleep, or is there?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98430\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think it's the hard drive as well. I keep my printer in a cool room and I can't feel any air coming out in the back. If it is a fan, it doesn't produce any air outside the box. Sounds like a hard drive, which should slow down or park itself when not in use for awhile (like a laptop computer does) but this one doesn't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up