Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 30D color space question  (Read 2540 times)

jrmintz

30D color space question
« on: January 22, 2007, 08:58:33 pm »

Hi all,

I just noticed that my 30D gives me the option of using srgb or Adobe rgb. It had been set to the default srgb, but I changed it to Adobe RGB which is the space I use in Photoshop. I don't see any difference whatever, and my question is this: I shoot RAW almost exclusively. Isn't the color space irrelevant to a RAW file? Doesn't it only matter if I'm shooting jpegs?

Thanks,

Seth Glassman

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
30D color space question
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 09:28:18 pm »

Hi all,

I just noticed that my 30D gives me the option of using srgb or Adobe rgb. It had been set to the default srgb, but I changed it to Adobe RGB which is the space I use in Photoshop. I don't see any difference whatever, and my question is this: I shoot RAW almost exclusively. Isn't the color space irrelevant to a RAW file? Doesn't it only matter if I'm shooting jpegs?

Thanks,

Seth Glassman
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97092\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You are correct. Colorspace doesn't matter with RAW. It only matters with JPEGs.

Richowens

30D color space question
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:29:25 pm »

Correct on both counts  

Rich

allan67

• http://
30D color space question
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 07:16:23 am »

Hi all,

Thanks,

Seth Glassman
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97092\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I will affect the in-camera preview and histogram. If you use histogram to judge your exposure, you'll get clipping warning much earlier with sRGB than with aRGB.
Contrast and white balance settings also affect the previews.

Allan

jrmintz

30D color space question
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 08:18:04 am »

Thank you, everyone.

Seth
Pages: [1]   Go Up