Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stock Profiles for 3800  (Read 2711 times)

matt4626

Stock Profiles for 3800
« on: January 22, 2007, 06:16:25 pm »

Thanks to help from this site I've got the 3800 printing well on Premium Luster with the Epson supplied profle.
My new problem is Enhanced Matte, the results with the Epson profiles are a mess.
Is anyone getting good results on the 3800 with stock profiles? If you are which one are you using?

pflower

Stock Profiles for 3800
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 06:36:42 pm »

Never used any epson paper.  But when I got my 3800 I started printing on Photo Rag using the profiles for enhanced matte and archival matte and the results were very good.  I have since had custom profiles made for photo rag but I have to say that the difference between those and the canned profiles for enhanced and archival matte  are very subtle.  So if you say your results are a mess it would occur to me that something is fundamentally wrong.  

In what way are they a mess and what is your workflow?

dmccombs

Stock Profiles for 3800
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 06:38:20 pm »

Matt,

It may help if you could explain more on the "messy" results you are getting.

I ran a few tests with EEM paper last night, using the stock 3800 EMP profile and got decent results.  The shadow areas were a little dark muddied, but I am used to glossy papers so take my comments accordingly.  The prints looked pretty good though.

Regards,
Darrell

Thanks to help from this site I've got the 3800 printing well on Premium Luster with the Epson supplied profle.
My new problem is Enhanced Matte, the results with the Epson profiles are a mess.
Is anyone getting good results on the 3800 with stock profiles? If you are which one are you using?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97075\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

matt4626

Stock Profiles for 3800
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 06:54:41 pm »

Matt,

It may help if you could explain more on the "messy" results you are getting.

I ran a few tests with EEM paper last night, using the stock 3800 EMP profile and got decent results.  The shadow areas were a little dark muddied, but I am used to glossy papers so take my comments accordingly.  The prints looked pretty good though.

Regards,
Darrell
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97077\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
By "mess" I mean washed out with a greenish cast. I have my 2200 hooked up to the same computer and the same image printed on the 2200 with custom profiles looks great on enhanced matte. Epson service just walked through my work flow over the phone and I'm doing things the way they recomend.

henk

Stock Profiles for 3800
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 04:57:06 pm »

By "mess" I mean washed out with a greenish cast. I have my 2200 hooked up to the same computer and the same image printed on the 2200 with custom profiles looks great on enhanced matte. Epson service just walked through my work flow over the phone and I'm doing things the way they recomend.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97081\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi,
I am also having problems with the matte papers – Epson EM- with the 3800. I printed all color prints on EEM over the last  2 to 3 years on my, now un repairable 2100, and never had a problem in deep shadows, using the USA Epson provided profiles.
Using the supplied profiles -38pro EM- I get big problems in the deep shadow details and certainly in the deep dark brown shadows off dark kin. It puts a dark grey cast over the area. When I turn on Gamut warning, there seems no problem. When I tweak the image in soft proof, no results. The dark greys keep covering the problem area’s.  I am working on this problem now for 24 hours and have not yet come to a solution. A home made profile with print fix pro off Colorvision did not solve the problem. Heeeeeeeeeeelp.
I have this printer now since early December and printed mainly B&W on Ilford Smooth pearl with very satisfying results. Great Dmax 2.43 !!

Henk
Pages: [1]   Go Up