Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Advanced Profiling Solution ??  (Read 3860 times)

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
HP Advanced Profiling Solution ??
« on: January 22, 2007, 12:37:43 pm »

Hello,

I jsut got one question. What does the Advanced Profiling Solution brings me ? I mean right now the printer uses around 500 patches. Now with their Advanced Profiling Solution is it possible to make custom targets? Like something 2000 or 4000 patches ?

I don't really want to discuss here whether 4000 patches are necessary, but whether it would be possible.

Because I don't see any sense at all in spending 900 EURs for 1100 patches compared to 500... I would rather use my own equipment to do it.

Thanks for the help.

Christopher
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 03:40:19 pm »

Christopher, it seems like you get:

"When using the HP Advanced Profiling Solution, you can:

•     Calibrate your monitor to see matching colors on your screen and printed paper.
•     Generate color profiles for all your paper types in RGB and—if you are using RIP software—CMYK to ensure accurate printing
•     Easily check if your printer and monitor are properly color corrected before profiling
•     Visually edit your profiles for ultimate color control in a very easy way
•     Easily perform all operations using a step-by-step software interface—no extra manuals needed.
•     Select for "Expert Options" features in all the profiling and editing steps (illuminants, chart sizes, and more)"

In other words:
1) an Eye-One Display 2 colorimeter
2) CMYK profiling and editing

all for just $800+ U.S. ?

HP PDF on Advanced Profiling Solution
Regards,
Ron

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 04:11:48 pm »

Christopher, it seems like you get:

"When using the HP Advanced Profiling Solution, you can:

•     Calibrate your monitor to see matching colors on your screen and printed paper.
•     Generate color profiles for all your paper types in RGB and—if you are using RIP software—CMYK to ensure accurate printing
•     Easily check if your printer and monitor are properly color corrected before profiling
•     Visually edit your profiles for ultimate color control in a very easy way
•     Easily perform all operations using a step-by-step software interface—no extra manuals needed.
•     Select for "Expert Options" features in all the profiling and editing steps (illuminants, chart sizes, and more)"

In other words:
1) an Eye-One Display 2 colorimeter
2) CMYK profiling and editing

all for just $800+ U.S. ?

HP PDF on Advanced Profiling Solution
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97043\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The thing if follwoing:

I have the full equipment for printer and Display profiling. ( I do that for money )
So I don't see the sense in buying the APS from HP if it is so limited. I mean I can make profiles for CMYK and RGB with my iO, but the with the Z3100 it is much fatser, but if it is so limited than I won't spend 800 EURs on something with 1100 patches and some other features I already have. It only would be usful for specific targets. Like Black and White or real large ones. But if you can't create your own targets, than that's it.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

A. Andrew Gonzalez

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 08:57:32 pm »

Hello,

I jsut got one question. What does the Advanced Profiling Solution brings me ? I mean right now the printer uses around 500 patches. Now with their Advanced Profiling Solution is it possible to make custom targets? Like something 2000 or 4000 patches ?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97008\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm curious about this as well.
I read somewhere that 3rd party software will be about to utilize the spectophotometer. Perhaps a solution can be developed for larger patches?

Andrew
A. Andrew Gonzalez
[url=http://www.subli
Pages: [1]   Go Up