Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for.. H2/P25 vs 1Ds samples.. Does anyone?  (Read 3325 times)

phildog33

Looking for.. H2/P25 vs 1Ds samples.. Does anyone?
« on: January 21, 2007, 03:14:11 pm »

Does anyone own both platforms and shoot with both?
I'd like to see samples of 1Ds vs the H2 with Phase P25.

And opinions, of when people are using either or.

Thanks,
p

michael

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 04:50:19 pm »

Have you seen this article and also the available disk with comparison files?

Michael

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 06:25:07 pm »

Does anyone own both platforms and shoot with both?
I'd like to see samples of 1Ds vs the H2 with Phase P25.

And opinions, of when people are using either or.
Thanks,
p
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96859\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i have a p25/h1 and had a canon 1dsmk2 recently. ive tried to use the h1 for everything i shoot, but i am really missing the canon. the p25 does have an advantage on res- especially when more of a canon file gets cropped out of a single page or DPS by the time it gets printed. and the p25 has more exposure lattertude, when shot at 50-100 asa.
but the canon handles a lot higher iso. and even at 800, the grain is really nice looking, almost film like. and its quick, its very differcult to shoot with the h1 fast. i feel im missing out on cool expressions when shooting people because of the extremely slow p25 shoot speed.

its best to have both systems. paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

phildog33

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 06:52:30 pm »

that was a great response. thank you.

do you have any pictures you could link us so we could see the P25 pics and similar 1ds shots?

also, you do find a wider range of color gamut/depth with the P25? and you see more exposure range as well?

Phil

tomob

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 04:02:40 am »

Phil,

I recently bought H3D - 22 which is similar to P25, and although I still have have some problems with the H3 body (hopefully a new one will be send to me) this was one of the best decision I recently made in my photography. I had a 1DsMk2 for a year the and the files were o.k. but I was always unhappy with it, I was missing the days of Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ, I really didn't feel like myself anymore. Also I found that my style of photography had changed.
I think the 2 files shouldn't be compered just in terms of sharpens where canon is also good. The thing is that image from a back feels totally different. The difference is really huge and that's also why I sold my 1DsMk2, and I'm happy I did so. However I shoot mostly fashion and advertising and the speed of H3D is o.k.
Also I have never tried to catch the moment in photography, for me is much more important to concentrate and and make "atmosphere" in which I can direct the "Decisive moment" and for that kind of approach also 4x5 is fast enough.
This is just my view and my feelings with both systems hope it helps.

Best,

Tomo
Pages: [1]   Go Up