Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Photosmart Pro B9180  (Read 5296 times)

Munus43

HP Photosmart Pro B9180
« on: January 20, 2007, 01:36:37 pm »

Hello,

Please bear with me and if you can give me help, kindly deliver it as if you were speaking it to a six year old.

When printing through Photoshop CS 2 v 9.0.2 on a Mac G5 v 10.4.8 to a HP Photosmart Pro B9180 pigment ink printer and using Print with Preview/Color Handling/Let Photoshop Determine Colors I get prints that are very dark and sooty looking, but if I use Let Printer Determine Colors the results are very good and quite accurate.

HP support told me to download the latest updates to CS 2 which I did but with no success.

I have tried co-ordinating profiles on the display, printer and in CS 2  .  .  .  nadda, still get dirty prints.

I read the forums about salmon streaking problems on Epson printers and ColorSync, but that doesn't seem to apply to me.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,
mef

Cedric

• http://www.mialaret.com
HP Photosmart Pro B9180
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 09:54:31 am »

Hi,

Do you have a very wide gamut RGB working space defined in CS2, such as ProphotoRGB?

Did you try Automate / HP Photosmart Pro ?

Cedric

Hello,

Please bear with me and if you can give me help, kindly deliver it as if you were speaking it to a six year old.

When printing through Photoshop CS 2 v 9.0.2 on a Mac G5 v 10.4.8 to a HP Photosmart Pro B9180 pigment ink printer and using Print with Preview/Color Handling/Let Photoshop Determine Colors I get prints that are very dark and sooty looking, but if I use Let Printer Determine Colors the results are very good and quite accurate.

HP support told me to download the latest updates to CS 2 which I did but with no success.

I have tried co-ordinating profiles on the display, printer and in CS 2  .  .  .  nadda, still get dirty prints.

I read the forums about salmon streaking problems on Epson printers and ColorSync, but that doesn't seem to apply to me.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,
mef
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96748\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Munus43

HP Photosmart Pro B9180
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 12:15:27 pm »

Cedric,

I have been experimenting with several Color Settings but primarily with Adobe RGB (1998).

Yes, I did use the Automate feature in HP Photosmart Pro, which produces nice results. It was when I tried to use the Print with Preview feature that I ran into trouble and I just felt there was something wrong with the printer or with CS2. Question: Will this Auto feature and Photoshop Managed colors be as accurate as the commands in Print with Preview?

A cyber pen pal suggested I leave the image's embedded profile as it is, then Proof Setup the image, Convert to Profile, use Print with Preview and Let Photoshop Determine Colors. It seemed round about, but it worked and now I am getting very good prints.

I purchased a book on Color Management. I didn't realize how little I knew about the subject until I bought this printer.

If you have another suggestion, I'm all ears.  

Thank you for your response,
Mary Ellen

LasseDPF

HP Photosmart Pro B9180
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 05:06:14 pm »

I have the same problem, even when using the Print plugin..
My prints are very dark and sometimes oversaturated.

At times it seems to use the matte black even on glossy prints.
I have only printed glossy prints and still I have used a lot of matte black.
I notice that the matte black I can rubb off the paper with my finger..

No idea what could be wrong  ..    
I will check with my dealer tomorrow and post an update if I get any useable info..

LAsse

mef
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96748\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 05:07:36 pm by LMO »
Lasse Morkhagen

inmicio

HP Photosmart Pro B9180
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 06:29:49 am »

hello!

my 2 cents: if you get better results using the Pro Print Plug-in instead of Print with Preview, maybe you do not assign color management to the application in the printer driver!

the right passages are:
1. flag "let photshop detemine colors"
2. choose the right icc profile
3. press print
4. in the system print interface, select "paper/color quality"
5. re-select the right kind of paper
6. in the color page flag "application color management"

if you don't follow these passages you won't be able to print colors in the right way!
the pro print plug in was designed to make easier this process: 1 screenshot instead of six!

hope this helps!

ciao
inmicio
Pages: [1]   Go Up