Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOST FILES - HELP?  (Read 2665 times)

tomob

LOST FILES - HELP?
« on: January 19, 2007, 05:58:04 pm »

Hi there,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I just did a terrible mistake. I desperately needed a free space, so I deleted the trash, while I was sure I was deleting the files on the external disc. And now the files are gone from computer and external disc. I'm using a MacBookProo laptop.

The files were very important so I will be very thankful for any suggestions.

Many thanks,

Tomo

rsmphoto

• http://www.rsmphoto.com
LOST FILES - HELP?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 06:33:14 pm »

Use Data Rescue II

http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue_info.php

It saved me from having to return to another city and reshoot two jobs.

Good Luck.

Hi there,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I just did a terrible mistake. I desperately needed a free space, so I deleted the trash, while I was sure I was deleting the files on the external disc. And now the files are gone from computer and external disc. I'm using a MacBookProo laptop.

Many thanks,

Tomo
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

RicAgu

LOST FILES - HELP?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 09:00:15 pm »

YES!

DATA RESUE II also saved me from a major disaster for a gig with a label last year and recovered 4 gigs of files for the CF cards I had cleared.  All but maybe three or four pics came in perfect.  The few that were ruined had some wierd jibberish all over them.

As long as you didn't secure erase or reformat the driveyou shoulod be OK.

Best of luck

Hi there,

Many thanks,

Tomo
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

tomob

LOST FILES - HELP?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 03:03:05 am »

Thank you so much for your advice. I tried with data rescue II. It found a lot of files but not all. I keep on trying. Someone suggested me Filesalvage and the software undelete every single deleted image. I was so thankful and very impressed. So I would suggest this software to anyone should the need for it appear.

Many thanks,

Tomo
Pages: [1]   Go Up