Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to automatically load icc monitor profiles  (Read 7062 times)

ghobii

How to automatically load icc monitor profiles
« on: January 19, 2007, 10:57:04 am »

I found out too late that the pantone Huey doesn't support dual monitors. So my plan was to calibrate them seperately and use the Windows xp enhanced color control panel to load the two profiles. Seemed like a good plan.
Problem is, although in the control panel each monitor has it's own profile and they are set to default, they don't get activated on startup. I have to go into the control panel and hit apply for each one to work.
Adobe gamma isn't loaded but I was wondering if the color correction in the nvidia control panel is over-riding it? I tried loading the icc profiles into the nvidia color correction controls but they looked completely terrible.
Any ideas?

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »

You should look into using Microsoft's Color Applet. There was a discussion in the past at the old Rob Galbraith CM forum by a Microsoft staff member who said this app will do what you need. My memory of the details discussed fail me right now so look it up on Microsoft's web site and download it and try it out.

ghobii

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 02:29:09 pm »

Actually, thats what I meant when I said I was using the enhanced color control panel. So, like I said, maybe the graphics card color correction is over-riding it.

You should look into using Microsoft's Color Applet. There was a discussion in the past at the old Rob Galbraith CM forum by a Microsoft staff member who said this app will do what you need. My memory of the details discussed fail me right now so look it up on Microsoft's web site and download it and try it out.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96619\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

emowake77

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 03:13:06 pm »

I found out too late that the pantone Huey doesn't support dual monitors. So my plan was to calibrate them seperately and use the Windows xp enhanced color control panel to load the two profiles. Seemed like a good plan.
Problem is, although in the control panel each monitor has it's own profile and they are set to default, they don't get activated on startup. I have to go into the control panel and hit apply for each one to work.
Adobe gamma isn't loaded but I was wondering if the color correction in the nvidia control panel is over-riding it? I tried loading the icc profiles into the nvidia color correction controls but they looked completely terrible.
Any ideas?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96584\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have posted the same question else where and have not figured out a way to get them (the monitor profiles) to load on startup, I too have to go into the color applet and manually "apply" each profile. I am also running UltraMon on my system, but it has not helped with this issue.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 03:13:36 pm by emowake77 »

paulbk

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 05:36:01 pm »

You need WinColor.exe

Read this: Dual monitor calibration on Windows XP PCs

Download it here: WinColorSetup.exe
paul b.k.
New England, USA

ghobii

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 07:18:25 pm »

That is the article I read before attempting this, and that is the software I downloaded.

Upon re-reading the article though, one step I missed was adding the applet to the startup folder along with the "/L" switch. That might do the trick. I'll have to try it Monday when I go back to work.

You need WinColor.exe

Read this: Dual monitor calibration on Windows XP PCs

Download it here: WinColorSetup.exe
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96646\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jackbingham

• http://www.integrated-color.com
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 08:45:27 pm »

That is the article I read before attempting this, and that is the software I downloaded.

Upon re-reading the article though, one step I missed was adding the applet to the startup folder along with the "/L" switch. That might do the trick. I'll have to try it Monday when I go back to work.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96666\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was just about to say you need the /L switch for this to work on startup.
Jack Bingham
Integrated Color Corp Maker

ghobii

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 03:20:11 pm »

Just thought I'd report back that this is now working since I added the applet with the /L switch to startup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up