Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Epson 2400 and Innova F-Type Gloss  (Read 3512 times)

Michael Bailey

Problem with Epson 2400 and Innova F-Type Gloss
« on: January 18, 2007, 05:07:44 pm »

Hi,

My Epson R2400 intermittently spits out prints before they're finished. The worst culprit seems to be the Innova F-Type Gloss, but that could just be because that's what I've been using the most lately. I have tried the individual sheet loader, and the problem also cropped up at times when I was printing with Enhanced Matte.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Michael Bailey

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 08:47:41 pm »

Me again.

I looked through some old prints right after I submitted the original question, and found lots of half-cooked prints on Epson Premium Luster paper.

Therefore I think the problem is all in the printer. Paper choice doesn't seem to matter.

So, I repeat the question: any advice?

Thanks.

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 05:13:43 am »

Sorry, if this isn't much help, but I had the same problem. I don't remember exactly how i fixed it, but I think it had something to do with PS Printer settings and the printer driver. ( Some settings were wrong)
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

ricgal

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 05:56:43 am »

Yes-  I have had same problem and Win2k was the culprit-  an update to XP pro solved the issue-  the only other way to sort was click off 'enable advanced printing features' in the advanced tab of the properties panel although this will slow things up a lot.
If you are on mac this will all be of neither sense nor relevence.
www.ricbower.com- Art and Fashion Photog

Michael Bailey

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 10:28:38 am »

Thanks, Ricgal.
I will try the setting you suggest. I know that I fiddled with it a while ago, but then much bigger disasters hit my printing system so I forgot about the possibility. (After two hours on the phone with Epson I learned that my Windows XP Registry had six duplicate Epson folders in it. What a mess!)

After I get a few dozen more prints done, I'll give you all a progress report.   MB

Michael Bailey

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 07:39:27 pm »

OK, I ran some more prints and the problem persists, with and without "advanced printing features."

Another forum suggests that the problem might be with my USB cable. If memory serves, I've had the problem with other cables and even Firewire, but I might change them around anyway. Maybe get a new USB board AND new cable. I suppose they're not too expensive. (No more that three or four sheets of Innova paper!)

Maybe my motherboard has a problem with its USB function. All my other USB stuff works as it should but sending big files to a printer always seems to test the computer's resources.

We'll see...

By the way, thank you all for your quick responses.      MB
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 07:40:15 pm by Michael Bailey »

Michael Bailey

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 12:36:42 am »

Glorious day! (Possibly.)

I installed a new USB card into the computer, plugged the USB cable into it, instead of the original sockets, and managed a good 20 11x17 prints in a row without problem. This might have actually solved the problem!

Michael Bailey

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 05:46:32 pm »

Me again, the guy who made the original post. If you stumble on this thread I thought you might like an update.

After printing for several more weeks, the printer has been working just right.

So I can say with near certainty that the solution lay in the USB card addition.

Happy me.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 07:03:03 pm »

It's good to hear a happy ending to a tale like yours!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 07:03:18 pm by EricM »
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

BobShram

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 05:05:23 pm »

I have had the same problem on and off. I found it happened when I did certain other work whilest the printer was printing. My operating system is XP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up