Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Straps:OpTech VS Lowepro  (Read 6378 times)

Killer Angel

Camera Straps:OpTech VS Lowepro
« on: January 18, 2007, 05:35:44 am »

I am looking for a very good camera strap that can take the load of my Canon 30D camera with a Canon BGE2 battery and also a Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS lens.I am actually debebating between camera straps made by either OpTech or Lowepro.For those of you out there who have had any experiences with both OpTech and Lowepro camera straps,which among the two brands do you personally prefer?
THANKS.

Killer Angel
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 06:01:56 am by Killer Angel »

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 08:28:05 am »

I've used the Op/Tech straps; I find them a bit too springy for my taste. (Mine has a neoprene center section, the elasticity of which supposed to bear some of the load of the camera.)

The best strap I've ever used is the UpStrap and I'd recommend it without reservation. Secure, bulletproof, comfortable. My only relationship with the company is as a satisfied repeat customer.
michael sebast

francois

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:22:23 am »

I've used the Op/Tech straps; I find them a bit too springy for my taste. (Mine has a neoprene center section, the elasticity of which supposed to bear some of the load of the camera.)

The best strap I've ever used is the UpStrap and I'd recommend it without reservation. Secure, bulletproof, comfortable. My only relationship with the company is as a satisfied repeat customer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96343\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Did you get the standard one or the one with quick-releases?

To answer the original question> I have to say that I wasn't impressed with the old LowePro straps but I haven't seen the new ones yet. Right now I'm using OP/Tech (Pro Loop) straps and I'm happy with them but it's true that sometimes the "bouncy" nature of these straps is annoying. On top of that, the neoprene becomes uncomfortable around the neck when it's hot... tends to make me sweat.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 10:25:07 am by francois »
Francois

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 10:43:09 am »

The Upstrap does work astonishingly well to stay up on your shoulder — almost like magic.  Some say they don't like it around the neck, but it works fine that way for me too.  I'm using the regular version, haven't tried the QR version.  I'm irked that they designed that one so the two pigtails won't clip together like you can do with the Optech QR straps.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

francois

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 10:50:37 am »

...I'm irked that they designed that one so the two pigtails won't clip together like you can do with the Optech QR straps....
I often use that "feature" on my OP/Tech straps...

Francois

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 11:04:23 am »

Did you get the standard one or the one with quick-releases?

I have both kinds. The standard one has a thin (about 1 cm) wide strap with the embedded rubber nonslip pad at its midsection; the QR model has a wider strap (about 1 inch) throughout the center (QR'd) section, with the pigtails the same narrow width as the standard strap.

I like the narrower strap, but i also like the QR, and i'm about to order another QR strap soon.

Nill, I never thought about it, but it would be a good way to get them out of the way when the strap is not attached!
michael sebast

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 11:36:52 am »

I'm sorely tempted to cut up a couple of Optechs and Upstraps and combine them for just this reason...

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

francois

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 11:48:33 am »

Well, they seem to offer a short strap (QR-handle) but I guess this is just one more strap to loose. Your idea of cutting & combining different pieces is interesting. Actually we'd only need to swap the QR connectors on one side of the strap, but from the photos I can't see how the the connector is fastened to the strap (stiches?). On the short side (camera side), it seems easy.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up