Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating custom gain files  (Read 1907 times)

buzzski

• Scottish wedding  photography on film and digital
Creating custom gain files
« on: January 17, 2007, 04:37:46 pm »

Hello, I recently posted a topic regarding a damaged IR filter on my Leaf Cantare digital back. I was delighted with the response I had to this and the advice that I gained from other members. So, I'm back with another question... I was advised to create a custom gain file to help remove the scratches present on my filter. Although I understand how to do this (and have, to some success) - I am missing the difussion filter supplied that fits in front of the lens. Does anyone have a suggestion with regard to what I could use in its place? I used a doubled-up sheet of tracing paper but the scratches were still apparent.  Also with my first attempt I shot straight in to a softbox with an exposure of one stop over. Does this sound correct? Sorry if this is all elemental but I have no experience of it so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

yaya

Creating custom gain files
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »

Hello, I recently posted a topic regarding a damaged IR filter on my Leaf Cantare digital back. I was delighted with the response I had to this and the advice that I gained from other members. So, I'm back with another question... I was advised to create a custom gain file to help remove the scratches present on my filter. Although I understand how to do this (and have, to some success) - I am missing the difussion filter supplied that fits in front of the lens. Does anyone have a suggestion with regard to what I could use in its place? I used a doubled-up sheet of tracing paper but the scratches were still apparent.  Also with my first attempt I shot straight in to a softbox with an exposure of one stop over. Does this sound correct? Sorry if this is all elemental but I have no experience of it so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A piece of White clean Perspex will do the trick. 1.5-2 stops over is fine. If this doesn't work the scartches are probably too wide/ deep.
The next step would be ordering a new IR filter through a Leaf dealer. The part number is 510P52561A and it costs about €200. The dealer can do the replacement for you at extra charge.

I hope this helps, yair

[span style=\'font-size:7pt;line-height:100%\']Yair Shahar | Regional Manager | Leaf EMEA |
mob: +44 77 8992 8199 | yair.shahar@kodak.com | www.leaf-photography.com
Leaf, part of Kodak's Graphic Communications Group
[/span]
Pages: [1]   Go Up