Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driver or Plugin Profiles ipf 5000  (Read 2617 times)

KSG Find Anawers

Driver or Plugin Profiles ipf 5000
« on: January 16, 2007, 10:35:12 am »

I thought a custom profile would solve any print quality issue, such as Tiny white specks, correct color variations etc in a printed photo. Media is Domtar Nekoosa Lenin weight and thickness is within Canon specks. I read theres more than one type of profile or custom profile. Which do I need, I'm looking for quality prints without flaws such as the tiny specks, on my test prints thus far. The colors are not the same seen on the monitor, nor are they as bright. Looking for answers can anyone help? KSG

jjlphoto

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 10:45:17 am »

I thought a custom profile would solve any print quality issue, such as Tiny white specks, correct color variations etc in a printed photo. Media is Domtar Nekoosa Lenin weight and thickness is within Canon specks. I read theres more than one type of profile or custom profile. Which do I need, I'm looking for quality prints without flaws such as the tiny specks, on my test prints thus far. The colors are not the same seen on the monitor, nor are they as bright. Looking for answers can anyone help? KSG
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95976\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm guessing the paper you selected is part of the problem. Office types of papers simply are not designed to produce the quality, surface durability and gamut necessary for high quality photographic output.
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 08:53:00 pm »

I'm guessing the paper you selected is part of the problem. Office types of papers simply are not designed to produce the quality, surface durability and gamut necessary for high quality photographic output.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95980\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi, John you are right the paper is wrong; too much texture. I thought this printer would print on virtually any media: Wrong big time!!! I am looking at some smooth now. Back to part of my question, will custom profiles help the print quality if I cannot use the plugin in photoshop? I design the cards within indesign. Do I have this correct the custom profile will improve color of my prints without using the plugin? The prints on the smooth paper have not been the best they are somewhere in the middle at this point.
Thanks KSG
Pages: [1]   Go Up