Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf 5000, tiny white specks pic not straight  (Read 3135 times)

KSG Find Anawers

ipf 5000, tiny white specks pic not straight
« on: January 16, 2007, 10:23:22 am »

After 10 or 11 months of xp problems an a number of different printers rendering far less than quality prints. Thinking those past problems were resolved I installed the ipf 5000 last Friday with the guidance of a canon tech.

I ran several test prints using most of the different settings on the printer. The paper is Domtars Nekoosa Lenin, {the paper has a slight texture} Cathy's Profiles told me a custom profile would not solve the white specks problem, they said it sounded like a printer problem.
Some of the folks on Wiki have said these tiny white specks may be caused by dust on the paper adding some of the dust might be getting in the printer causing slippage resulting in some of the photos not printing stright. I don't think this is the 1/8 margin bug, may be somehow though. The top of the photos that have not printed straight measure 4" wide at the top and the bottom of the photo measuring a 1/32 of inch more give or take than the top width measurment. the left side of the photo is stright top and bottom, it is the right side bottom right side of the  photo that is printing incorrectly for what ever reason. Please help if any one has encountered these issues printing with ipf 5000; found the reason and resolved ether of these problems. KSG

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:11:30 am »

White specks on the print is almost certainly paper dust blocking ink from the print head to the paper. Get a brush and brush off the paper before loading it into the printer. Dust accumulation in the printer will also cause feeding problems.

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 06:24:03 pm »

White specks on the print is almost certainly paper dust blocking ink from the print head to the paper. Get a brush and brush off the paper before loading it into the printer. Dust accumulation in the printer will also cause feeding problems.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95987\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you for your help, how do I safely remove the dust left inside the printer so the paper will fed correctly every print? KSG

jpgentry

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 06:41:48 pm »

Try compressed air.  

Thank you for your help, how do I safely remove the dust left inside the printer so the paper will fed correctly every print? KSG
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96066\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:55:29 am »

Try compressed air.

That's a really bad idea. All you'll do is blow it from one place to another inside the printer, and most of the dust on the rollers is too firmly attached to blow off anyway. What you need to do is clean the rubber rollers with a q-tip or similar moistened with rubbing alcohol. If you can't access the rollers without taking the printer apart, there are special cleaning sheets you can buy with a mild adhesive surface that will pull the dust off the rollers.

rdonson

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 12:09:46 pm »

Great idea, Jonathan.  Looking through the Google search for a couple of pages it seems like all the cleaning sheets are 8.5x11.  Should we be concerned if we have printers that handle much larger paper?  It would seem that we're not going to get all the rollers unless we have larger cleaning sheets.
Regards,
Ron

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 02:12:36 pm »

Great idea, Jonathan.  Looking through the Google search for a couple of pages it seems like all the cleaning sheets are 8.5x11.  Should we be concerned if we have printers that handle much larger paper?  It would seem that we're not going to get all the rollers unless we have larger cleaning sheets.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96180\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I appreaciate each responce to my delima, I'll look around for larger cleaning sheets if it states lazer will it also work for inkjet? Also I will check back and see if someone else knows whether the sheets should be larger than 81/2 by 11 incase I cannot find the answer. Thanks again KSG
Pages: [1]   Go Up