Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ProPhoto RGB conversion in Adobe Bridge?  (Read 4549 times)

Kalypso

ProPhoto RGB conversion in Adobe Bridge?
« on: January 15, 2007, 01:25:39 pm »

Sorry if this has been covered before (tried several searches with no luck), but can Adobe Bridge convert my cameras RAW images into ProPhoto RGB before opening it in PhotoSHop CS2? (I already have it set as the default there).

If so, how do I set it up to do so? Also, I am assuming my camera (KM 7D) should be using the Adobe RGB gamut...doesn't that limit the image gamut from the start?
Thanks for any help from a Noob to these Forums!

Kalypso

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 02:29:24 pm »

Sorry if this has been covered before (tried several searches with no luck), but can Adobe Bridge convert my cameras RAW images into ProPhoto RGB before opening it in PhotoSHop CS2? (I already have it set as the default there).

If so, how do I set it up to do so? Also, I am assuming my camera (KM 7D) should be using the Adobe RGB gamut...doesn't that limit the image gamut from the start?
Thanks for any help from a Noob to these Forums!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95845\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well I figured out the 1st part of my question(s)....Dooooh! I'm still wondering about the camera using the AdobeRGB limiting my original digital input...

Ken Tanaka

• http://www.KenTanaka.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 03:11:40 pm »

Well I figured out the 1st part of my question(s)....Dooooh! I'm still wondering about the camera using the AdobeRGB limiting my original digital input...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95852\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In-camera color space selection has no affect on RAW images whatsoever.  It only applies to cooked images.  RAW images are...well, raw.
- Ken Tanaka -
 www.KenTanaka.com

Kalypso

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 08:56:00 pm »

In-camera color space selection has no affect on RAW images whatsoever.  It only applies to cooked images.  RAW images are...well, raw.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95858\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.....that's what I had thought. But it's odd that they even give you an option (for a color space) while choosing RAW .

allan67

• http://
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:03:43 am »

Thanks.....that's what I had thought. But it's odd that they even give you an option (for a color space) while choosing RAW .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95895\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The colour space you select (as well as some other settings like contrast, white balance, etc.) will affect the preview image and its histogram. You'll get clipping warning in histogram much earlier with sRGB selected colour space than with aRGB. And this can affect your jugement of how well you have exposed your image.

Allan
Pages: [1]   Go Up