Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What kind of lens cleanning agent u use?  (Read 2279 times)

inkle

What kind of lens cleanning agent u use?
« on: January 15, 2007, 03:22:21 am »

hi all,

what kind of cleaning agent do you guys use when cleaning your lens?? i'm planning of getting some at my local old store, but the cleaning fluid they sell is those - red bottle lousy plastic with a printed label "Kodak Cleaning Fluid" (can be water to kerosone, who knows what they put in)    , for USD8. i ask wheter they sell original packaging cleaning fluid n they say don't have. so i didnt buy any.

what i know is some of these cleaning fluids can dissolve the multi-coating on the lens.

so what i want to know is, are these cheap brand cleaning fluid usable?? will it destroy my lens??

oh yah, can i use those cleaning fluid for eye-glasses?? is it the same??

inkle.

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 10:27:26 am »

I use Zeiss fluid (and Kim-wipes) and have had very good results with it.   A lot of camera shops carry it, but I get it from my optician.  He first gave it to me for my Zeiss coated lens spectacles.  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

inkle

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 11:01:03 am »

I use Zeiss fluid (and Kim-wipes) and have had very good results with it.   A lot of camera shops carry it, but I get it from my optician.  He first gave it to me for my Zeiss coated lens spectacles.  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95826\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i didnt know Zeiss have spectacles? must be expensive.    anyway, i'll look it up at my local optician shops, from where i come from, the local camera shops only sell cheap/fake china brand cleaning fluid, which to me is like buying kerosene to clean your lenses.  

inkle.

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:19:36 am »

i didnt know Zeiss have spectacles? must be expensive.  ...[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95828\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Just the lenses.  They're a bit more expensive, but the quality is, well, Zeiss.  And we are looking at the world through them after all, aren't we?  ;-)

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up