Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ICC Profiles for Canon iPF5000  (Read 16709 times)

423photography

ICC Profiles for Canon iPF5000
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 03:15:45 am »

Keith,

If any member of this forum owning an expensive printer wants a free profile for some reason, they are welcome to contact me - I'll do one free profile per person. I hope this will get more people to realize the benefits of custom profiling. However, obviously, these will not be canned profiles, they describe the printer used, and I will forbid redistribution - used on a different printer they will do more harm than good.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96080\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for your offer on the free profile.  I’ve come to realize that the research into the purchase of the iPF 5000 has become an eye opening experience with all the facets that go into getting the best print possible.  In my innocence and limited understanding my logic followed:  quality printer & ink + photo paper = good print.  Now I see the potential behind quality papers and profiles and all the work that goes into getting an excellent print.

K-

ranord

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 03:54:15 pm »

As I’m still learning (thanks in part to all who have posted) my questions may seem basic but:  Are the targets you sent to Booksmart Studio for them to create ICC Profiles or did you send them ICC Profiles?
You mentioned that Booksmart Studio has “canned profiles” are those driver or plug-in?  Thanks for any input.

K-
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96121\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Edmund,

Targets are the color patches that are printed by the printer being profiled.  A spectophotometer then reads the targets and creates the custom profile for that printer.

Roger

John Hollenberg

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 03:56:58 pm »

You mentioned that Booksmart Studio has “canned profiles” are those driver or plug-in?  Thanks for any input.

They are for the plugin.  Booksmart is about the only source for canned profiles for the plugin at this time.

--John

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 04:19:44 pm »

I assume this nutshell was pointed at someone else

Edmund,

Targets are the color patches that are printed by the printer being profiled.  A spectophotometer then reads the targets and creates the custom profile for that printer.

Roger
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96213\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ranord

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 06:19:54 am »

I assume this nutshell was pointed at someone else
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=96225\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry Edmund, yes I meant Keith.

Roger

rvanr

• http://www.vanruitenbeek.com/
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2007, 04:37:05 am »

As I’m still learning (thanks in part to all who have posted) my questions may seem basic but:  Are the targets you sent to Booksmart Studio for them to create ICC Profiles or did you send them ICC Profiles?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Forum members interested in buying the Eye One Display 2 monitor calibrating package might be interested in the offer from [a href=\"http://www.nativedigital.co.uk]www.nativedigital.co.uk[/url]. If you buy Eye One Display 2 you get two custom profiles made for free (i.e. you mail them two target sheets (they provide the file) printed using the two paper/printer combinations you want profiled).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up