Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: PhaseOne or Hasselblad/Imacon?  (Read 26972 times)

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
PhaseOne or Hasselblad/Imacon?
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2007, 08:39:51 am »

I think it will become obsolete because eventually there will be support in ACR. Flexcolor will then only be used to have the DAC corrections and for tethered use. I don't always need the corrections nor do I use a camera that can take advantage of it.

At the moment it just adds another step in your workflow. A step I would be very happy to drop the second I get decent files in ACR.

I reckon Flexcolor will still be there to use tethered (and when you do need DAC) but the moment the files are on my machine I want to process them through ACR. The Flexcolor step adds at least another hour to my working day which I could do without. It would be very unwise of Hasselblad not to get ACR support.

This is also the way I use Leaf Capture 11, only in some situations I process through LC11. Most of the times I use RD (portrait work) or ACR.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 08:42:52 am by Dustbak »

Barry Goyette

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2007, 01:59:34 pm »

D.

Just correcting you, cause you're wrong  

Yes you can view separate RGB histograms. Also Flexcolor does have a multi-sample tool (palette called Color Info..you get 5 points). And it has a neutralize feature that is far superior to anything in ACR, which I use everyday with my canon. And while FC may seem to counter intuitive to you, as someone who's been using the software since it was called ColorFlex (imacon scanning software), I can tell you that I found ACR to be incredibly un-intuitive...so I guess it's what you learn first.

Yes, FC is buggy. The interface was pretty good 8 years ago, but it definitely needs some freshening....but it is a good program that does a really good job at what it does. The batch processing is extremely easy to use and works very pleasently in the background. And it's free...I can give copies to my assistants, clients, my mom...all legal. Try that with ACR or C1.

Also, why it's not going away: Hasselbad is light-years ahead of the other back makers in terms of the amount of camera information that gets sent with the file. the new ultrafocus technology is just one of several that, from my understanding, adobe really doesn't want to include in its, by necessity, "generic" program ACR. Hasselblad's system is necessarily closed, just like Apple's is closed, so that certain technologies can be developed without having to ask adobe's (or microsoft's) permission. Oh, and also so they can make more money.

Anyway, good luck with your decision.

Barry

Been busy, hence the delay in coming back to this topic........

e. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you cannot view separate RGB channels on the screen? Like most, I expose to the right, but this resulted in at least one channel being blown in most shots. Mickey Mouse cameras have this feature. Does the Hasselblad?

D.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=131314\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dinarius

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2007, 05:15:47 am »

Mr. M.,

Glad you've finally caught up with me on this thread!  

Thanks for the input.

D. (M.)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 05:25:55 am by Dinarius »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up