Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2090UXi question  (Read 3300 times)

gorosh

NEC 2090UXi question
« on: January 11, 2007, 08:40:19 am »

I pretty much decided to go for 2090UXi Multisync. I'll use it for graphic design, illustration and photo editing (I design fashion catalogues often, so quality color reproduction is important to me). I'm still waiting to see if 2690WUXi will be available any time soon in Europe (it should appear in USA in January / February, but I heard some talk about June for Europe, and that's too long for me).

I'm still not sure about some issues though - I decided to go for Multiysync version, since Spectraview is a bit pricey for me. Now, as I understand the only difference between those displays is Spectraview's bundle (calibration software and colorimeter), is that right?

Does anyone has experience with 2090UXi Multisync calibration? Also, I planned on getting Color Eyes. First of all, I'm not sure if I'd should buy Color Eyes bundle (software + colorimeter), or should I just get the software and some other colorimeter. And second, what's better option - to buy 2090UXi + Color Eyes bundle or 2090UXi Spectraview.  I guess I could pass little bit cheaper wit Multisync + Color Eyes, plus I would have good calibration solution for my other displays (as I understand GammaComp is only usable with NEC displays). What would you advise?

One more thing - I looked at video card compatibility chart for DDC on ColorEyes website, and GeForce 7900GS is not listed - does anyone know if those cards support DDC?

Thanks in advance

jackbingham

• http://www.integrated-color.com
NEC 2090UXi question
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 08:50:24 am »

One more thing - I looked at video card compatibility chart for DDC on ColorEyes website, and GeForce 7900GS is not listed - does anyone know if those cards support DDC?

In this case whether the card is ddc compatible or not really doesn't matter. NEC has not released and information to us about their ddc approach so ColorEyes can not drive these monitors using ddc anyway. That does not mean you can't build a great profile however.
Jack Bingham
Integrated Color Corp Maker

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
NEC 2090UXi question
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 11:10:36 am »

I have the Eye One Display 2 and use it successfully with my 2090uxi.  I was initially using the Eye One Match v3.6 software, profiling in DDC-CI mode.  Then I got the (U.S.) Spectraview II software and it's even better, as it calibrates the monitor directly via the monitor's internal 12-bit LUTs.  It works great with the Eye One Display 2 puck.

Note however that NEC's Europe-spec Spectraview monitors have traditionally been different in some respects from the U.S.-spec models, including a firmware tweak that prevents them from using the Spectraview calibration software unless they are the SV version that ships with the software included.  I don't know whether that continues to be the case with the xx90 line.  I do believe, however, that the EU Spectraview software is a different product entirely from the U.S. version, for whatever that's worth.

EDIT:  My video card is the GeForce 7300GS.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 11:13:19 am by Nill Toulme »

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
NEC 2090UXi question
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 08:01:37 pm »

Which brings us to the interesting question -- which OEMs are supplying software to NEC ?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
NEC 2090UXi question
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 10:10:14 pm »

Which brings us to the interesting question -- which OEMs are supplying software to NEC ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95195\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
An NEC tech posting on dpr gave me to understand that NEC U.S. wrote their version of Spectraview II in house.  I have a vague notion that I read somewhere that NEC EU outsourced theirs, but I might have dreamed that.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up