Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Projector compatability  (Read 12015 times)

rigwelter57

Projector compatability
« on: January 10, 2007, 08:31:24 pm »

Hi,
I am doing a slide show for a local group in a few days, I have use of a laptop and a digital projector, the laptop runs windows xp, the projector I know nothing about until the day.  Having never used digital projection, do you just plug it into the laptop and run your presentation or does the projector have to be loaded on to the laptop (with a driver etc)??

My Webpage

Thanls.

rr

John Camp

Projector compatability
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 08:57:44 pm »

I've used several and they are all plug 'n play. You will need to know the start-up sequence; some require that the laptop be up and running before the projector is turned on; some don't. Essentially, all the projector does is take the shot that would normally be showing on your laptop screen and project it. So everything (mouse, keyboard, etc.) works as it normally would, except that your screen is being projected. If your screen saver is a Playboy centerfold, you might want to change it, depending on the audience. 8-) Mine is usually used at academic meetings, and I always make sure that I have a USB cord with me, and I also usually bring along an extension cord...just in case.

JC

rigwelter57

Projector compatability
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 09:02:49 pm »

Cheers mate,
That makes me feel alot better.  I have around 15 minutes to play with before hand so I will sort it out then.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Projector compatability
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 06:26:41 pm »

Cheers mate,
That makes me feel alot better.  I have around 15 minutes to play with before hand so I will sort it out then.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95013\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The only other thing you need to know is how to project the image from the laptop.  The projector usually plugs into the external video port on the computer.  There's usually a keyboard toggle sequence that will send the image to the laptop screen, the projector, or both.  Unfortunately every computer is different, but look for a icon on your keyboard that looks like a monitor.  If you've ever used an external monitor with this computer it's exactly the same.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up