Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS3 bug, or pilot error?  (Read 2499 times)

pixel wrangler

• http://www.homepage.mac.com/fastpics
CS3 bug, or pilot error?
« on: January 10, 2007, 12:54:19 am »

I just started experimenting with CS3 and the new Bridge. I'm on a Mac G5, permissions OK, etc.

When I double-click on a file (jpeg or tif) on screen in Bridge, CS3 opens (or already is open and the window switches from Bridge to Photoshop,) but the image doesn't actually open in PS. Double clicking on a RAW file will open ACR.

I seem to recall there being a similar issue a couple years ago with CS or CS2, but I never experienced it.

I trashed CS3 and (new)Bridge, re-downloaded the Beta, ran the Uninstaller to clean up files I may have missed by just trashing the apps, then re-installed CS3 and Bridge. Same exact behavior. Also, before I trashed the app and started over I trashed the CS3 preferences (which I've never had to do before, and I've been using PS since version 5.0.)

Any ideas? CS2 and old Bridge are working as expected. Of course I had to reset my color settings as the installation of the Beta hijacked my old settings and installed the defaults. But I kinda expected that.  

What am I overlooking?  Thanks in advance for your help!

ciao,
ron

Stephen Best

CS3 bug, or pilot error?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 02:44:09 am »

Works for me. Do a control/right click on the icon in Bridge and make sure that Adobe Photoshop CS3 is set as the default for Open With.

pixel wrangler

• http://www.homepage.mac.com/fastpics
CS3 bug, or pilot error?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 01:16:28 am »

Hi Steve. Tried your suggestion on one file and was indeed able to open CS3, and the image, via the new Bridge.

I'm still a little puzzled because I don't recall this being an issue when I upgraded from CS to CS2. Maybe I'm not fairly comparing apples to apples between the old File Browser and Bridge.

I guess I just expected there to be a direct link between CS3 and the New Bridge. If all the thumbnails from a folder successfully load in the Bridge window, I would expect that double-clicking a thumbnail would launch CS3 (which it does,) and actually open the file (which it does not.)

Since I'm still using CS2 daily for work, and only just getting to know CS3, I'm reluctant to change the file association to CS3 as the default for jpegs, tiffs, and psds.  

FYI, if you check out the CS3 forum on adobe's website, there is mention of a similar issue and a missing photoshop-9.jsx start up script file. I checked my computer and it's where it's supposed to be. Reading the many posts CS3 also appears to be quite buggy! I guess that's why it's still a Beta.

thanks,

ron

PS: I was in Adelaide for the last F1 race there in 1995. Took the Ghan to Alice Springs, then on to Uluru, Darwin and Sydney. Oz rocks!

trigeek

CS3 bug, or pilot error?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 05:44:17 am »

I just started experimenting with CS3 and the new Bridge. I'm on a Mac G5, permissions OK, etc.

When I double-click on a file (jpeg or tif) on screen in Bridge, CS3 opens (or already is open and the window switches from Bridge to Photoshop,) but the image doesn't actually open in PS. Double clicking on a RAW file will open ACR.

I seem to recall there being a similar issue a couple years ago with CS or CS2, but I never experienced it.

I trashed CS3 and (new)Bridge, re-downloaded the Beta, ran the Uninstaller to clean up files I may have missed by just trashing the apps, then re-installed CS3 and Bridge. Same exact behavior. Also, before I trashed the app and started over I trashed the CS3 preferences (which I've never had to do before, and I've been using PS since version 5.0.)

Any ideas? CS2 and old Bridge are working as expected. Of course I had to reset my color settings as the installation of the Beta hijacked my old settings and installed the defaults. But I kinda expected that. 

What am I overlooking?  Thanks in advance for your help!

ciao,
ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94892\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This has happened to me as well on CS3. However when I tried again, it worked. Just thought it was a beta thing in CS3. I do not recall this happening to me in CS2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up