Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo Wide DS or 4 x 5?  (Read 13147 times)

GregShapps

• http://www.shappsphotography.com
Cambo Wide DS or 4 x 5?
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 09:26:00 pm »

I played with a 4 x 5 at my local dealer, and it had the flex adapter on it. The stiching was really cool. If you use capture one, you can slide the back until it clicks, fire an exposure, slide it to the 2nd position, fire another and hit the stich button in the software. Instantly you have a 2 image seemless stich, that easy. Takes all of 20 seconds. Sure beats the heck out of spending a few hours in photoshop trying to do it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=95386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The Cambo Sliding back is also a stitch back just like the Flex Adapter but its not as smooth as the Flex.  The spacings are exactly the same as on the Flex so Capture One does the exact same job on both.  The Flex is a one handed movement while the Cambo is a two handed operation.  The viewfinder on the Flex is removable while on the Cambo it is not unless you want to pull the tiny little screws out.   The flex's ground glass is a bit more accurate as far as knowing where the sensor crop actually is.

They both achieve the same thing just that the Flex is a bit more refined.

tom_l

• http://www.tomlucas.net
Cambo Wide DS or 4 x 5?
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 05:13:04 am »

I will have the opportunity to play with the Cambo WDS next week.

I got a P1 Flexadaptor when i ordered my P25, but rarely used it. Only if i had to stitch 2X22Mp. On the Sinar F it's really a PITA to work with. No wide-angle.
Is it easy to use C1 software to stitch with the Wide DS? I mean to find the right spaces between the shifts. Does C1 also stitch if the spaces are less accurate. I might find out myself next week anyway.

tom-

mkravit

Cambo Wide DS or 4 x 5?
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 01:11:29 pm »

Prior to buying my Alpa 12 SWA I checked out the CamboWide and a few others.  I went with the Alpa for a number of reasons but primarily due to the size factor. The CamboWide is a 4x5 camera and the Alpa is basically a 6x7 camera.

I have no regrets, use the ALPA weekly and with the Schneider Digitars the resulting images are sweet. I use the ALPA with my Hasselblad H3D.

kgphotography

Re: Cambo Wide DS or 4 x 5?
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 10:35:45 am »

Hey guys wondering if you are still using the Cambo Ultima 23 setup?

thanks Kristian

www.kgphotogaphy.com.au
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up