Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPF5000 missing monochrome  (Read 3489 times)

Charles Gast

IPF5000 missing monochrome
« on: January 07, 2007, 04:41:14 pm »

In Michaels review he mentions in the 16 bit plugin you can select monochrome in the profile dialog box.  I can find the profiles,auto(color),and none(no correction) but the monochrome selection he shows in his review is completely missing in my plugin

John Hollenberg

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 06:04:50 pm »

In Michaels review he mentions in the 16 bit plugin you can select monochrome in the profile dialog box.  I can find the profiles,auto(color),and none(no correction) but the monochrome selection he shows in his review is completely missing in my plugin
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94393\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Need a lot more info to figure out the problem. Works fine here.  My setup:

1) Win XP SP2
2) Plugin version 2.01 from Canon Europe (think it was there in 2.00 that came with the printer)
3) Load RGB file
4) Start plugin
5) Under "Output Profile" on Main page of plugin, select Auto (Monochrome Photo)

What is your setup?  What version of plugin?

--John

ranord

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 12:15:09 pm »

Auto(Monochrome Photo) only shows for for certain Media Types.  Try selecting Matte Photo Paper as the media type and see if Auto(Monochrome Photo) shows.

You may need to scroll up with the up arrow or scroll wheel on your mouse.

Roger

John Hollenberg

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 12:45:32 pm »

Auto(Monochrome Photo) only shows for for certain Media Types.  Try selecting Matte Photo Paper as the media type and see if Auto(Monochrome Photo) shows.

Only shows with certain Media Types???  This sounds like a bug to me.  Which types does it show or not show with?  Windows or Mac?

--John

ranord

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 05:01:55 pm »

John,

Without going thru them all, Plain Paper and all of the Specials do not have Monochrome Photo as an option.  Where as such types as Matte Photo, Premium Matte, Fine Art Photo, Fine Art Heavyweight do have Monochrome Photo, as an option.  At least this the case on my machine.

Roger

John Hollenberg

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 09:51:33 pm »

John,

Without going thru them all, Plain Paper and all of the Specials do not have Monochrome Photo as an option.  Where as such types as Matte Photo, Premium Matte, Fine Art Photo, Fine Art Heavyweight do have Monochrome Photo, as an option.  At least this the case on my machine.

Confirmed.  Will add to Wiki FAQ.

--John
Pages: [1]   Go Up