Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Site navigation  (Read 3603 times)

paul55555

Site navigation
« on: January 07, 2007, 11:02:02 am »

Hi- I just joined what looks like a very professional and instructive site. Where might I find information about the rules and procedures of posting images please? I appreciate your patience.
   Paul

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Site navigation
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 01:36:28 pm »

Hey, at least you bothered to ask. Welcome. "The rules" are fairly standard netiquette:

Be nice. You can discuss controversial topics vigorously, but avoid bringing people's sex life, parents, and farm animals into the discussion unnecessarily. The use of "colorful metaphors" is frowned upon.

Try using the search button before posting a new topic. If yours is a commonly-asked question, it may have already been answered. Many times.

When posting a new topic, please put it in the appropriate section so people can find it easily.

Spamming is discouraged, but posting a link to a commercial site that is germane to a thread's topic of discussion or that offers a solution to a question or problem is not a problem. Linking to your own site in your signature is fine as well, unless you are in the adult entertainment industry.

In short, behave like a decent, responsible adult, and you'll not have any problems here, and will likely learn a lot.

paul55555

Site navigation
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 03:29:20 pm »

Hey, at least you bothered to ask. Welcome. "The rules" are fairly standard netiquette:

Be nice. You can discuss controversial topics vigorously, but avoid bringing people's sex life, parents, and farm animals into the discussion unnecessarily. The use of "colorful metaphors" is frowned upon.

Try using the search button before posting a new topic. If yours is a commonly-asked question, it may have already been answered. Many times.

When posting a new topic, please put it in the appropriate section so people can find it easily.

Spamming is discouraged, but posting a link to a commercial site that is germane to a thread's topic of discussion or that offers a solution to a question or problem is not a problem. Linking to your own site in your signature is fine as well, unless you are in the adult entertainment industry.

In short, behave like a decent, responsible adult, and you'll not have any problems here, and will likely learn a lot.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94343\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

paul55555

Site navigation
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 03:30:19 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94343\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for the fast response Jonathan. My apology for not being more specific. I appreciate and understand standard netiquette. Specifically, I am trying to find out the process and procedure for posting an image or gallery to the Luminous landscape site. I have looked in vain for the FAQ section. Search/"FAQ" provides over 1,300 references.
  Trying hard to be a better citizen of this great site: Paul

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Site navigation
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 08:49:16 pm »

Click Add Reply, you will see the add attachments button near the bottom.  Post away.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Site navigation
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 03:24:03 am »

Hi Paul, and welcome to the list.  As Johnathan said, thanks for asking...

Mike

Remember, 'All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten' (by Robert Fulghum).  Pretty much the same rules apply here...

* Share everything.
    * Play fair.
    * Don't hit people.
    * Put things back where you found them.
    * Clean up your own mess.
    * Don't take things that aren't yours.
    * Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
    * Wash your hands before you eat.
    * Flush.
    * Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
    * Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
    * Take a nap every afternoon.
    * When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
    * Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
    * Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
    * And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.
If your mind is attuned t

Lisa Nikodym

• http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lisa_pictures/lisa_pictures.html
Site navigation
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 11:47:52 am »

Maybe this will more directly answer at least part of what you're asking:

This forum is geared toward discussion, not just showing off your images.  There is a Critique forum for those who want comments on their images, but it's primarily when you have an image you're unsure about, or have specific questions about, and want suggestions for improving it.  If you just want to post a bunch of photos somewhere and have people say, "Nice picture", you'll probably just get annoyed with us, and us with you; there are other, better, places on the web for that.  (Those who have been around here awhile will remember a few times in the past when such misunderstandings have occured...)  If you travel interesting places that those here might be interested in seeing photos from, there's a Location forum where they would be welcome.  Please don't inundate us with too much, though - remember to share the resources!

There are the occasional requests from some participants with slow connections to keep the images relatively small (certainly not full-res) so they don't have to wait forever for them to load.

Whether there are formal rules somewhere, I don't know - standard practice here has more evolved over time.

There are several ways to attach images to posts using the various buttons.  You can post a link to an image stored elsewhere using the "http://" button (probably the easiest), post an image directly using the "IMG" button (but try to avoid making it too big - see earlier comment), or post a thumbnail that, when clicked on, directs the browser to a larger image elsewhere (I haven't done it in awhile and forget how).

Lisa
[url=http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lis

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Site navigation
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 10:21:08 am »

* Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Nonsense! I stick chocolate biscuits in the fridge or even freezer and they are much better for it.   Though, not soggy, American Style, half cooked cookies though. Room temp for them.
BTW Here [UK], a cookie is a type of biscuit, one with chunks of chocolate in it.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: [1]   Go Up