Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Monitor Calibration Issues!  (Read 1844 times)

ron ritcher

New Monitor Calibration Issues!
« on: January 05, 2007, 12:52:18 am »

Well, even though it's early in the year, mine may easily qualify as the newbie question of 2007.  First off, let me assure you that I am just a hobbyist, print maybe one or two prints a month on my 2200, and have only my own very modest expectations to live up to.  Oh, and I know way too little about the ins and outs of color management.

So, I just purchased a new LCD monitor, and am having trouble matching screen to print.  I tried my PhotoCal spyder (which worked well on my previous non-LCD unit), but what is indicated as "right" leaves a magenta cast to everything on the screen.  However, an even larger problem is that this new screen is so very bright that prints don't come close to living up to what I'm seeing in PS.

Here's my question:  can I just work BACKWARDS;  take a print made earlier, then tweak the monitor's controls until I come as close to matching the monitor-to-print as I can?  Again, given my very modest goals, is this a viable "ballpark" option, or is there something I'm completely missing here?  (Gentle) suggestions appreciated!

--Ron

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
New Monitor Calibration Issues!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 04:01:34 am »

What you need is a different calibration puck. The Spyder doesn't do LCD screens correctly unless you have the model that specifically supports them. The symptoms you describe indicate you have the older Spyder that won't work with LCD screens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up