Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro 9000 or Epson R1800  (Read 2188 times)

wozza

Canon Pro 9000 or Epson R1800
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:01:07 pm »

Hi

I need to buy an A3+ printer to replace an old Epson 1270 that died. I'm thinking about the Canon Pro 9000 or the Epson R1800 as they're within my price range. The Epson 2400 is too expensive and Canon's Pro 9500 probably will be too. I know that one (the Epson) is pigment based while the Canon is dye based and so prints from the Epson should last much longer. But I'm hopeing that someone can tell me how happy they are with either printer. I will be mainly printing Colour gloss 70% Colour Matt 20% and some B+W. My previous experience with Epsons was that they frequently blocked up with ink and often needed head cleaning, as well as being slow. I like the fact that the Epson can print panoramic and was wondering if anyone knew a way to do so on the Canon (via a 3rd party?) I don't really understand profiles but using a very good paper which printer would produce a "nicer" image. Is one better at colour and one at B+W? I know it's very subjective but if anyone with experience of either printer could help me out, I'd be most thankful.

Wozza  

DarkPenguin

Canon Pro 9000 or Epson R1800
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 04:21:49 pm »

Saw this.  Not sure when it is available...

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...uct_code=344193
Pages: [1]   Go Up