Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus 17 Refurbished?  (Read 8462 times)

benedmonson

• http://www.benedmonson.com
Leaf Aptus 17 Refurbished?
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:28:32 pm »

I've decided to pull the trigger on a Leaf Aptus 17 Refurbished back. Does anyone know of one availbable in a Contax 645 mount?

robert zimmerman

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 04:46:47 am »

Since nobody wants to answer you, I'd suggest that you contact a Leaf dealer in your area. They should be able to locate a refurb for you. Find one here:

Leaf support & dealers

Good luck,

Kipling

yaya

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 07:33:20 am »

Ben, sorry I missed your post...

Global Imaging Inc.
2011 Cherry St STE 116
Louisville, CO 80027
Tel: 303-673-9773
Fax: 303-673-9923
E-mail: info@globalimaginginc.com
Web site: www.globalimaginginc.com

Steve Hendrix at PPR Atlanta may also be able to help:

PPR Digital
667 Eleventh Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Tel: 404-543-8475
Fax: 404-885-9706
E-mail: shendrix@ppratlanta.com

Refurbished backs, if not available on the shelf, can be ordered from Israel, which means a longer lead time.

If there's any problem you can contact Leaf America and they'll take care of you: http://www.leafamerica.com/contact.asp

I hope this helps, yair

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Yair Shahar | Regional Manager | Leaf EMEA |
mob: +44 77 8992 8199 | yair.shahar@kodak.com | www.leaf-photography.com
Leaf, part of Kodak's Graphic Communications Group[/span]

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 07:42:13 am »

Ben,

Good for you, I trust you will enjoy using the Aptus17.

Yair,

Is that always a possibility to order directly from Israel? Could you provide any contact there?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 07:46:57 am by Dustbak »

yaya

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 07:58:32 am »

Yair,
Is that always a possibility to order directly from Israel? Could you provide any contact there?

No, what I mean is that if the dealer doesn't have one available, he can order it for you.

Yair

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 08:04:26 am »

Bummer, is all I can say  

euh maybe not.  Can you buy a refurbished back at any dealer? When your local dealer doesn't have one on the shelf he will get you one from Israel?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:10:40 am by Dustbak »

benedmonson

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 10:15:27 am »

Thanks for all the reply's, I was beginning to think nobody would respond. Here's what I've found about the 17 refurb's. Leaf sold out of the original Aptus 17 refurbs that went for between $7300.00 & $7500.00. Leaf America does have a contax mount Aptus 17 refurb instock, but here's the kicker, they have moved the price back up to $9500.00 firm!!!
I'm dealing with Jason Smith at Global Imaging Inc. here in Colorado with whom i like very much. Since I can't get the good deal on the Aptus 17 refurbed I have just decided to purchase a Phase One P30 and be done with it. Because of Leaf's greed they've just lost another customer to Phase One! I just wanted to get the deal the other 100 people got???

Regards,

Ben Edmonson
www.benedmonson.com

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 10:24:12 am »

A P30?

That one is on my short list of next upgrades. Did you get a good deal on that?

benedmonson

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 10:27:06 am »

A P30?

That one is on my short list of next upgrades. Did you get a good deal on that?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93871\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes I did, Jason Smith at really hooked me up, under 15K with training new!!!
Global Imaging Inc.
2011 Cherry St STE 116
Louisville, CO 80027
Tel: 303-673-9773
Fax: 303-673-9923
E-mail: info@globalimaginginc.com
Web site: www.globalimaginginc.com

I would've loved to purchase the 17 refurbed for the deal, it would be plenty for what I'm currently doing, but in this world you can't have too much power!!!

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 02:22:34 pm »

...Leaf sold out of the original Aptus 17 refurbs that went for between $7300.00 & $7500.00....Because of Leaf's greed they've just lost another customer to Phase One!

Ben, the first quoted sentence above explains why the price went up. Simple supply and demand.

However, "greed" implies a moral expectation that is out of place in a commercial transaction. As a business, Leaf's only obligations are to provide maximal return on its owners' investment of capital and to operate in a legal manner. These imperatives are best met by offering products or services customers are willing to pay for at prices that bring a profit to the company, while operating in a manner that brings the approval of its potential customers. The customer is then free to decide whether to trade with Leaf on those terms. Anything else is fluff--usually imposed by someone whose capital is not at risk in the company, but who sees a "rich" corporation as a flowing teat at which to suckle in the advancement of some other agenda.

Those who think companies should voluntarily assume a whole range of other obligations--"fairness", "social responsibility"--should consider those factors when deciding whether to buy from them. But understand that advancing such concepts is not the business of a business, except as it improves profitability.

Leaf obviously made the judgment that demand for the refurb backs would allow them to command a higher price for the item, since the previous lot sold out.

Not busting on you here, but too many people seem to want to jump on the evil-greedy-corporation bandwagon these days and it gets under my skin! Whew! (I have just executed a flawless double-backflip soapbox dismount. You are now free to move about the cabin....)

Re backs: If the Aptus 17 had been available when I bought my used Kodak ProBack I'd have jumped at the chance, and even more so for the P30. Glad for you that you found a solution.

Cheers,
michael sebast

benedmonson

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 06:54:12 pm »

Ben, the first quoted sentence above explains why the price went up. Simple supply and demand.

However, "greed" implies a moral expectation that is out of place in a commercial transaction. As a business, Leaf's only obligations are to provide maximal return on its owners' investment of capital and to operate in a legal manner. These imperatives are best met by offering products or services customers are willing to pay for at prices that bring a profit to the company, while operating in a manner that brings the approval of its potential customers. The customer is then free to decide whether to trade with Leaf on those terms. Anything else is fluff--usually imposed by someone whose capital is not at risk in the company, but who sees a "rich" corporation as a flowing teat at which to suckle in the advancement of some other agenda.

Those who think companies should voluntarily assume a whole range of other obligations--"fairness", "social responsibility"--should consider those factors when deciding whether to buy from them. But understand that advancing such concepts is not the business of a business, except as it improves profitability.

Leaf obviously made the judgment that demand for the refurb backs would allow them to command a higher price for the item, since the previous lot sold out.

Not busting on you here, but too many people seem to want to jump on the evil-greedy-corporation bandwagon these days and it gets under my skin! Whew! (I have just executed a flawless double-backflip soapbox dismount. You are now free to move about the cabin....)

Re backs: If the Aptus 17 had been available when I bought my used Kodak ProBack I'd have jumped at the chance, and even more so for the P30. Glad for you that you found a solution.

Cheers,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93910\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sweet back flip!!! I was a little harsh in the work greed I will admit. i just got in 8 powder runs on the mountain in heavy snow conditions, nothing could bother me in this state!!!
I really wanted the 17 refurb, but when they jacked up the price so close to the phase backs it was a no brainer for me. Also, its hard to buy in at a higher price on 3 year old technology, just don't think that it makes that much sense. In the long run  I could have been a long term Leaf customer, and right now I think they could use a few more of those.

it's all good, I'm getting the back I wanted at a very fair price with training on how to use it, I think the only reason phase wants to fly in and give me training is so they can ski or board this awesome mountain that I call home!!!

Cheers,

Ben Edmonson
www.benedmonson.com

marcwilson

• http://www.marcwilson.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 11:06:15 am »

Quote from: benedmonson,Jan 5 2007, 11:54 PM
"... i just got in 8 powder runs on the mountain in heavy snow conditions, nothing could bother me in this state!!!"

Ben, how dare you be upset about anything...I just had to cancel my ski trip here in europe because of lack of snow!!

Marc
www.marcwilson.co.uk [url=http://www.mar

benedmonson

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 11:16:10 am »

Quote from: marcwilson,Jan 6 2007, 10:06 AM
"... i just got in 8 powder runs on the mountain in heavy snow conditions, nothing could bother me in this state!!!"

Ben, how dare you be upset about anything...I just had to cancel my ski trip here in europe because of lack of snow!!

Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94108\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Marc,
then I guess you don't want to hear about how I'm in the process now of building the fire in our woodstove while my wife is cooking a great energy building breakfast! Oh yeah after that we walk from our house about 200 meters to the lift for another perfect day of blue sky and pow-pow!!!
Not to rub it in and hate to hear about a cancelled trip, that sucks.... By the way my back deck backs up to a 14,000' peak!!!!!!!!

Think More Snow,

Ben Edmonson
www.benedmonson.com

benedmonson

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 11:17:47 am »

Quote from: marcwilson,Jan 6 2007, 10:06 AM

Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94108\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Marc,
then I guess you don't want to hear about how I'm in the process now of building the fire in our woodstove while my wife is cooking a great energy building breakfast! Oh yeah after that we walk from our house about 200 meters to the lift for another perfect day of blue sky and pow-pow!!!
Not to rub it in and hate to hear about a cancelled trip, that sucks.... By the way my back deck backs up to a 14,000' peak!!!!!!!!

Think More Snow,

Ben Edmonson
www.benedmonson.com

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 12:01:05 pm »

friday was a near wasit deep blower pow day @ Mt. Hood.

sounds like we both have the hi-pro powder glow...

jim

marcwilson

• http://www.marcwilson.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 02:09:24 pm »

friday was a near wasit deep blower pow day @ Mt. Hood.

sounds like we both have the hi-pro powder glow...

jim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94133\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

stop it..stop it..have a thought for your european friends!!
www.marcwilson.co.uk [url=http://www.mar

RicAgu

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 10:10:16 pm »

Godd for you on the P30!

All I can do is run my mountain bike down the hills here in the North East!  It was 70 degrees today in NYC and we decided to play Futbol (aka Soccer) in Central Park.  Almsot as fun.  Especially with the girls in tank tops and shorts wondering around  
Pages: [1]   Go Up