Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom V1.0 visible on Amazon.com?  (Read 24820 times)

jdyke

• http://www.jondyke.com
Lightroom V1.0 visible on Amazon.com?
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2007, 10:56:41 am »

Yup that works out about £22 I think.......  If they sell it that cheap I will drive to Sweden to buy a copy  

Per Ofverbeck

• http://elgfoto.se
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 08:08:40 am »

Yup that works out about £22 I think.......  If they sell it that cheap I will drive to Sweden to buy a copy 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=97313\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You´re welcome...

Seriously, however, reliable inside information has it that LR will be available in two versions: either the special, limited version with a signed portrait of Jeff Schewe, for $270, or the standard version without a portrait, for $300.....
Per Ofverbeck
My

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 08:20:14 am »

Seriously, however, reliable inside information has it that LR will be available in two versions: either the special, limited version with a signed portrait of Jeff Schewe, for $270, or the standard version without a portrait, for $300.....
I'd buy the Schewe version, if the print was good (and out of beta)!
Jan

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2007, 11:32:37 pm »

As for $306 that seems ok but I will not be impressed if they just convert that same number into other foreign currency.  

I will NOT be paying £300 for this software!   So I make this plea to Adobe...please please please don't rip off people outside of the US with inflated prices i.e.  The US version of CS2 is about $599 whilst the UK version is £500 (about $950).  UK taxes do not double the price so this is just plain wrong...
I'm waiting to see if LR is integrated into CS Suite, it should be!
I also live in the UK, so I could fly to the US buy the whole CS Suite there, have a holiday, come back, pay import taxes and save money over buying it in the UK.
If I buy the exact same bit of software as a US resident and download it from the same server I get to pay as jdyke mentions above nearly twice the price or PS. When a product like a bike or car has to be shipped across the Atlantic, there are additional costs to supplier, but it seems as though Adobe have simply kept the price differences and pocketed the profit.
I can claim my software purchases against tax, so no big deal for me, but although I think point+sh*t is an idiot, the temptation to use pirated software is greatly increased if you think you are being ripped off. The other thing that strikes me is how computer kit gets cheaper by the year and software gets more expensive. Even though manufacturing costs have been reduced to near zero and a decent printed manual now non-existent.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 11:33:30 pm by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

seanmcfoto

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 05:39:41 am »

I'm waiting to see if LR is integrated into CS Suite, it should be!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98236\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
hard luck...
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea

francois

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2007, 06:08:54 am »

I also live in the UK, so I could fly to the US buy the whole CS Suite there, have a holiday, come back, pay import taxes and save money over buying it in the UK....
I can't comment about the situation in the UK but here in Switzerland, price for Lightroom is more or less on par with the US price.
• Price on the Adobe [Swiss] store is 285 SF (VAT included).
• US price is US$200 * 1.26 (exch. rate) * + 7.6% (VAT) = 270 SF.

Now, if you add local tax on top of the US price, you'll see that current price is honest.

I cannot say the same with Photoshop CS 2 upgrade as the reseller price was higher in Switzerland than the US end user price. Let's just hope that price differential between the US and European prices will get narrower in the future.

Edit: I'm talking about English language versions, German or French versions are probably more expensive.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 06:12:36 am by francois »
Francois

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2007, 05:58:14 pm »

I can't comment about the situation in the UK but here in Switzerland, price for Lightroom is more or less on par with the US price.
• Price on the Adobe [Swiss] store is 285 SF (VAT included).
• US price is US$200 * 1.26 (exch. rate) * + 7.6% (VAT) = 270 SF.

Now, if you add local tax on top of the US price, you'll see that current price is honest.

I cannot say the same with Photoshop CS 2 upgrade as the reseller price was higher in Switzerland than the US end user price. Let's just hope that price differential between the US and European prices will get narrower in the future.

Edit: I'm talking about English language versions, German or French versions are probably more expensive.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98267\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Adobe's UK web site is listing Lightroom at £125 initial offer, £175 thereafter. Plus VAT at 17.5%, of course.

Shipping end February, though.

Jeremy

francois

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2007, 03:49:33 am »

Adobe's UK web site is listing Lightroom at £125 initial offer, £175 thereafter. Plus VAT at 17.5%, of course.

Shipping end February, though.

Jeremy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The price is quite a bit higher than the swiss price. Current exchange rate (2.46 SF for 1£) means £125*2.46 = SF 308 (+ VAT)...

Francois

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2007, 04:52:34 am »

The price is quite a bit higher than the swiss price. Current exchange rate (2.46 SF for 1£) means £125*2.46 = SF 308 (+ VAT)...

Hey, relax, you're not the only guys who are paying much.

The price before taxes in Norway is NOK 1480, or USD 235. But our MVA (nearly VAT equivalent) is 25% ...

Of course, the full price for Lightroom will be NOK 2120, or USD 336, plus MVA.

So, basically, Adobe has an exchange rate insurance policy on the dollar of 15-20%, which seems prudent, given the instability of the dollar.

My guess is that if the dollar was a stable currency, the exchange rates would be more favourable.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:52:47 am by jani »
Jan

francois

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2007, 06:14:00 am »

Hey, relax, you're not the only guys who are paying much.

The price before taxes in Norway is NOK 1480, or USD 235. But our MVA (nearly VAT equivalent) is 25% ...

Of course, the full price for Lightroom will be NOK 2120, or USD 336, plus MVA.

So, basically, Adobe has an exchange rate insurance policy on the dollar of 15-20%, which seems prudent, given the instability of the dollar.

My guess is that if the dollar was a stable currency, the exchange rates would be more favourable.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=98477\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well, I must say that I'm really happy as the swiss price is on par (or even a bit cheaper) with the US price. But I find surprising that other european customers don't enjoy a fair price.

Ex: I am paying 285 SF (VAT included) and UK customers are paying 308SF + VAT... I guess that Adobe will address the situation by raising the swiss price!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:16:04 am by francois »
Francois

pattyadams

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2007, 03:44:09 am »

The price in Australia is on par with USA. I wonder if the difference is currency fluctuations. They have to set a price at some stage for each country, if the dollar then goes up or down against local currency then maybe that is where some of the differences are coming in????
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up