Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pixma Pro9500  (Read 2632 times)

stephenws

Canon Pixma Pro9500
« on: December 28, 2006, 10:58:52 am »

Does anyone know what happened to the Canon Pixma Pro9500? It was introduced at PMA 2006 along with the ipf5000 and the 9000 but was never made available. I contacted Canon and was only told it would be available sometime in 2007. They wouldn't even tell me early or late 2007.  I need a "best quality" 13 inch printer and have been considering the HP Photosmart Pro B9180 along with the Canon Pro9500.  The Canon ipf5000 has been so well received that I'd really like to have the chance to choose the Pro9500. I'll probably hold off on a decision until I see what happens at the upcoming PMA show.

ricwis

• http://www.ricwis.com
Canon Pixma Pro9500
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 11:38:28 am »

I've been waiting for this printer too.  Stopped by the local camera store and talked to the sales guy who is reliable with info and he has no idea.  Lots of people have been asking for it and all he can get is released in 2007.  He indicated that even the Canon rep does not know.

I've considered the 9000Pro with their CromaLife inks but would rather wait and see what the new model offers.  If Canon cripples this printer with a lenth limit so panoramas cannot be printed, then I will look elsewhere.  At the local camera store expo, Canon was well represented and I bent their ear about this limitation.  He said he hears it loud and clear all the time.  Whether Canon will listen remains to be seen.  My guess is they are deaf to some things.  Hopefully not this time.
Rich Wisler
Wildlife and Scenic Photogra

Kenneth Sky

• http://
Canon Pixma Pro9500
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 11:40:50 am »

Join the line. There are a lot of us waiting for the shipping date. Given the good review of the Pro 9000 which uses dye inks and the expanded gamut of the pigment inks in the ipf 5000, the wait appears to be worthwhile.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Canon Pixma Pro9500
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 03:18:02 am »

Join the line. There are a lot of us waiting for the shipping date. Given the good review of the Pro 9000 which uses dye inks and the expanded gamut of the pigment inks in the ipf 5000, the wait appears to be worthwhile.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92638\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I spoke to Canon Australia today as I have been waiting for this Printer nearly 6 months now. They told me early Feb 07.....

Just watching the days drift past....
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up