Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basic questions HP Z3100  (Read 2497 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Basic questions HP Z3100
« on: December 25, 2006, 10:50:10 pm »

Dear all,

Some additional questions on the HP Z3100 24, please forgive me if they look basic:

- Can 17 inch paper rolls also be used?
- what is the truth regarding the need to change heads quite often? In practical words, how many A2 prints can you print until there is a need to change the heads?
- what is the typical ink price per A2 print?
- How easy is it to correctly align A2 sheets when feeding them manually? I find that my Epson 4000 often misaligns sheets slightly from its front tray,
- What is the actual noise level of the printer in operation compared to an Epson 4800?
- Any smell during/after printing?
- Is the stand mandatory, or can the printer be layed on top of a desk? Would that require any additional accesory?
- Any problem when printing at temperatures as low as 14 C or as high as 35 C?
- What is the clained life span of the printer? How many A2 prints can it output from a mechanical standpoint (I am not talking about the heads)?
- I understand that both a network and USB interface are offered, does one have any advantage against the other in terms of speed/reliability?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Bernard

michael

Basic questions HP Z3100
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 11:18:35 pm »

- Can 17 inch paper rolls also be used?
Yes
- what is the truth regarding the need to change heads quite often? In practical words, how many A2 prints can you print until there is a need to change the heads?

Heads last about about 13 cartridges worth of ink, many hundreds of prints worth, and cost less than an ink cartridge to repalce. More on this in my upcoming review.

- what is the typical ink price per A2 print?

Ink? Maybe a dollar or two. paper? Sereval times as much.

- How easy is it to correctly align A2 sheets when feeding them manually? I find that my Epson 4000 often misaligns sheets slightly from its front tray,

-Easy and fast.

- What is the actual noise level of the printer in operation compared to an Epson 4800?

Similar, but with a differnt tone.

- Any smell during/after printing?

No.

- Is the stand mandatory, or can the printer be layed on top of a desk? Would that require any additional accesory?

No. No, but you might find that it needs to be stabilized on a desk, and loading roll paper might be problematic.

- Any problem when printing at temperatures as low as 14 C or as high as 35 C?

The printer is rated to operate between 15C and 35C

- What is the clained life span of the printer? How many A2 prints can it output from a mechanical standpoint (I am not talking about the heads)?

No idea. Contact HP for this. It's not in their specs.

- I understand that both a network and USB interface are offered, does one have any advantage against the other in terms of speed/reliability?

Yes and no. Wait for my review.

Michael

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Basic questions HP Z3100
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 11:22:58 pm »

Thank you so much for your quick answer Michael, this is highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Bernard

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Basic questions HP Z3100
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 08:42:25 am »

Bernard,

The big Z-series HP printers are heavy-duty repro-shop devices. I am already starting to see them in copy shops over here.  I wouldn't expect lifetime of the mechanics to be an issue for anybody in these forums.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up