- Can 17 inch paper rolls also be used?
- what is the truth regarding the need to change heads quite often? In practical words, how many A2 prints can you print until there is a need to change the heads?
Heads last about about 13 cartridges worth of ink, many hundreds of prints worth, and cost less than an ink cartridge to repalce. More on this in my upcoming review.
- what is the typical ink price per A2 print?
Ink? Maybe a dollar or two. paper? Sereval times as much.
- How easy is it to correctly align A2 sheets when feeding them manually? I find that my Epson 4000 often misaligns sheets slightly from its front tray,
-Easy and fast.
- What is the actual noise level of the printer in operation compared to an Epson 4800?
Similar, but with a differnt tone.
- Any smell during/after printing?
- Is the stand mandatory, or can the printer be layed on top of a desk? Would that require any additional accesory?
No. No, but you might find that it needs to be stabilized on a desk, and loading roll paper might be problematic.
- Any problem when printing at temperatures as low as 14 C or as high as 35 C?
The printer is rated to operate between 15C and 35C
- What is the clained life span of the printer? How many A2 prints can it output from a mechanical standpoint (I am not talking about the heads)?
No idea. Contact HP for this. It's not in their specs.
- I understand that both a network and USB interface are offered, does one have any advantage against the other in terms of speed/reliability?
Yes and no. Wait for my review.