Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca Style Plate for Hasselblad HC 300mm Lens  (Read 5207 times)

hubell

Arca Style Plate for Hasselblad HC 300mm Lens
« on: December 25, 2006, 05:34:43 pm »

Does anyone make an Arca Swiss style plate for the tripod collar on the Hasselblad 300mm lens for the H1-H3? Neither Really Right Stuff nor Kirk appears to offer one.
Thanks.

francois

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 05:58:22 am »

Does anyone make an Arca Swiss style plate for the tripod collar on the Hasselblad 300mm lens for the H1-H3? Neither Really Right Stuff nor Kirk appears to offer one.
Thanks.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You may want to contact Wimberley ([a href=\"http://www.tripodhead.com/]here[/url]) to see if one of their generic plates can be installed on your lens. Acratech also offers plates and custom machining services (here).

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 05:59:04 am by francois »
Francois

Richard Morwood

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 06:50:02 am »

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92281\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have been using the RRS 97L B on my HC300 for some time mainly because I had  it lying around from a previous lens. It fits pretty well but has only one attachment screw. There is a ridge at the back of the plate to help prevent forward slip and rotation and it may be possible to use more than one fixing screw to the lens. I haven't felt the need to do this yet.
Regards
Richard

hubell

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 12:12:53 pm »

I have been using the RRS 97L B on my HC300 for some time mainly because I had  it lying around from a previous lens. It fits pretty well but has only one attachment screw. There is a ridge at the back of the plate to help prevent forward slip and rotation and it may be possible to use more than one fixing screw to the lens. I haven't felt the need to do this yet.
Regards
Richard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92336\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Francois and Richard. The RRS B97L was apparently designed for the V Series 350mm lens, but  your experience, Richard, suggests it works fine. I did contact RRS and they had the same recommendation. They offered to ship me one to try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up